Chapter 34 - A Wedding During the Darkest Hours

{Y/N's POV}

It's been a day since the meeting. Lily and James wanted to have a wedding before they go into hiding, so a small wedding would be held tomorrow at their home.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Molly asked Lily.

"Of course. What better than a wedding during the darkest times?" Lily said.

"Nothing," I said.

"Exactly."

It was just us three women spending time together and talking like the good old times.

"Would you two do the honors of being my bridesmaid?" Lily asked Molly and I.

"Yes!" we answered, excitedly.

We talked more about the future and Lily's wedding. I don't know why, but for some reason, I had the urge to confess something.

"I have to tell you guys something," I said.

"What is it?" Lily asked, concerned.

"I... I'm still with Tom," I confessed.

"What?!" Molly shouted.

"What do you mean?" Lily asked calmly.

I paused.

"I. Am. Still. With. Tom," I said, emphasizing every word.

Lily and Molly didn't say anything. Instead they embraced me in a hug.

"It must be hard for you then," Molly said.

"So how does your relationship work then?" Lily asked.

I explained everything to them.

"Tom wants me to rule beside him," I said. "I'm just trying to keep the prophecy unfolding, but I'm going to try my best to stop Tom before he gets killed."

"Are you a death eater?" Lily asked.

"No, of course not," I said, showing them my wrists.

"Does he know you're here?"

"Yes."

"Does he know about the prophecy?"

"Yes."

"So that means he'll be looking for my baby..." Lily said sadly.

"Don't worry," I said. "I'll do my best to protect your baby. He doesn't even know you're pregnant."

"So have you chosen a name yet?" Molly asked.

"Harry," Lily said. "Harry Potter."

"I like it," I said.

"Y/N and Molly"

"Yeah?" we said.

"I want you two to be Harry's Godmothers," she said.

I was taken aback by her proposal.

"Of course, but wouldn't James need to agree as well?" I asked.

"And I thought there was only supposed to be one Godmother," Molly said.

"I don't give a damn if James says no. I'm the pregnant one," Lily said with a laugh. "And who said there can't be two Godmothers?"

"Then, yes. I would gladly accept your offer." Molly said.

"Me too."

・゚✧magical time skip・゚✧

I woke up early in the morning to prepare for Lily's wedding. There were a few people I didn't recognize. Perhaps they were her family members. But, I did recognize some guests from Hogwarts: Hagrid, Alice, Frank, Xenophilius, Remus, Sirius, Peter and more students. I counted no more than thirty guests since it was a simple wedding. Guests were chatting either outside or inside, catching up from over the years.