Chapter 27

A few months later.....it's autumn again now.....

JANEL'S POV:

I had almost known Ian for a year now. And in that year, I had been to various places around the world, gotten high, taken Ecstacy, gotten drunk a few times, discovered sex, kissed other men during a game, kissed 2 women, had a sexual experience with one of them with Ian, gotten my own apartment, been date rape drugged and almost raped, and so many other firsts and exciting things, and discovered the love of my life. Oh, and he's famous. Kind of a pain in the ass sometimes, but I love him, no matter what comes along with him.
I had been on birth control pills now for a little over 3 months. And any day now, I knew, Ian would take my virginity. We would finally make love. I'd finally have sex. REAL actual sex. Not just "other stuff", that we did very, VERY often for the past 6 months or so.
I stopped bugging Ian about it long ago. It would happen when it happened. And we did so much other stuff, it didn't even matter half the time, the other stuff was soooo good. But each time, when we'd be in a certain position or something, I'd get this yearning in my entire body. Just a longing. A NEED, for Ian to be INSIDE ME. I just needed that ultimate connection. I needed our bodies to be joined as one. To be as close as humanly possible. Sometimes it wasn't even about the actual 'sex'. It was just a need to be that close to him. To be joined together. It was about the LOVE.
But I continued to patiently wait. Even after the 3 months mark for the pills to effectively protect me from getting pregnant. I waited.
Now, it was almost our year anniversary. So I had a feeling that since it was so close, Ian would just wait until that day or something. Grrrrrrr! I want it!!!!! I'm like a kid in a toy store, when it comes to his body. I just want it ALL.

IAN'S POV:

It was coming up on the year anniversary of Janel and I. Not our actual boyfriend and girlfriend anniversary, but of the day I first met her. First saw her from across the street. Looking like a lost, lonely angel in the sunlight. I still remember it vividly. I could never forget the image of her.
I don't usually go up to women, but that day....her.....for some reason, I got the nerve, and went up to her. And I've never been able to shake her since. And I'll never want to.
She tells me all the time that her life STARTED on that day. That she didn't have a life before me. She says she was still "in the womb", technically, getting ready for "birth", which was when I walked up to her. And then we crack up when she says this, because it's weird. But I know what she means. I know what she's trying to say. And I get it. She really didn't have a "life" before she met me. I came along and changed every single detail of her exsistence. Which has been good. So far. I mean, there was a close call bad thing here or there....but that's life. She tells me all the time that she knows she's experienced in this one single year, more than a lot of people get to experience in their entire lives, so if she died now, she'd die happy with her "one year of life".
And then I get sappy and overcome with love and emotion for her, thinking of how her life was before me. Before the group home, even....and I shed a tear.
Ok, two. Or more.
And she laughs at me for being a sissy girl.
Same thing, every time. It's our routine by now.

This has been MY first year, too. My first year of TRUE love. I'd thought I had love before, a few times. Wrote an entire album about it. I mean, it WAS love. It was a good time, It was a part of my life. It felt wonderful. It felt like the worst hell in the universe when it was over. I DID feel all of that stuff. Nothing can make it less than it was.
But I just didn't know that it could be topped, back then.
Because now, it HAS been topped. I could put all those years and all those girls together, and it still wouldn't add up to the love I feel for Janel. She makes me look at the world in a completely different way. She makes me not take each day for granted. She makes me think of HER all the time, instead of myself. Before, when I loved, I loved for me. Because I wanted to love someone. Because it made ME feel good. And I hoped she felt the same for me.
But now....with Janel....I love for HER as much as I love her for ME.
I can't explain it. But I know I feel it. It's all different with Janel. That's all I know. And it's all BETTER.
And if it ever ends...I think that will be the death of me, I tell you. But I just go with the flow, and hope it never ends. And I can see no reason why it would...I'm just saying. Just in case. Because no one ever thinks their relationship will end, right? Otherwise, no one would ever date! If people knew the doom to come? There'd be no love in the world at all!
Anyway, I digress.