Chapter 41

JANEL'S POV:

I couldn't wait. I couldn't wait for Stanley to come back in. I couldn't wait for anything. I got up and despite the nurse telling me I should stay in bed, I raced out of the room. Problem was, I didn't know where Ian's room was. I'd just search around till I saw Stanley or something. I didn't care. "I'm getting dischared any second! I'm fine!" I said to the nurse as I raced out.
I wasn't thinking. I turned back to her......"PLEASE tell me where his room is?"
She told me real quick. It wasn't far, luckily and I barely thanked her as I ran out.

Found it. And there was Stanley, just walking out. I nearly ran into him. "OH! There you are! I was just coming to tell you Ian's results!" He smiled.
"I couldn't wait....can I go in?" I asked him impatiently.
"Yeah! Go right ahead!" he moved out of my way and put his arms out to my prize.

"Ian!" I called, when I walked in and saw him in bed.
He looked over, and tried to sit up, but got back down. "Janel! I'm dizzy, sorry....."
"So??? What did the doctors say?" I didn't beat around the bush.
"They said I've got about 10 minutes to live." he joked.
"Shut UP! What did they SAY!!!?" I barely laughed.
"Impatient, are we? If I didn't know better, I'd think you had a crush on me or something. You're not gonna turn into a crazy stalker, are you?" he joked again.
"IAN!!!!" I said, very impatiently this time.
I've got a concussion. Not a bad one. Just a small one. I'll be fine. I'm gonna stay here for the night, because we don't really have a comfy spot to go home to....and not a proper bed or anything...what with the dead body and crime scene and all.....They just gotta wake me up every hour or so. Keep me on this machine, make sure I'm good, since I'm here. If I wasn't here, you'd just have to wake me every hour or something. But being in here, they gotta cover their asses, with machines monitoring my every breath, sneeze or fart." he explained.

SIGGGGHHHHHHH. I was so relieved. I mean, I knew it was probably a concussion. I knew he'd be fine...but you never know. Sometimes things are worse than they seem.
"Then I guess when they discharge me, which will be any second, I'll come move in here. I'll sleep in the chair." I told him.
"Fuck the chair. You'll sleep in bed with me!" he said.
"Even better." I said, and I finally leaned down to kiss him and hold him.
"You're shaking." he noticed. "Are you ok?"
"Yeah...I was just nervous about you. And you kept joking around and drawing it out longer and longer, and I was really working up to a panic, you asshole!" I told him.
He laughed at me.
"Get a hold of yourself, woman. I'm fine." he said. "What did they say about you?" he added.
"Nothing. I'm fine. Just hyperventaled, and panicked...at the same time. They xrayed the side of my head and face, but everything's fine there. Just bruising. Does it look sexy? Do I look tough?" I was able to joke now.
"Bad. ASS." he said in a low voice, "Don't fuck with my girl....she'll fucking shoot you in the face!"
I laughed, but it was an awkward laugh. I mean...I killed someone.
"Are you ok with it? I mean...as ok as you can get, that is. I know....it's gotta feel weird..."
"Yeah...It's weird, alright. I mean...I don't LIKE it that I took someone's life....but it was hers or yours, so....it doesn't bother me that much, when I think of it like that. She was bad. You're good. She had to go." I told him. And that's exactly how I felt.

Ian patted the bed beside him. "I can't really move much, so if you don't have enough room, you can pull up the chair. I just want you close to me, though. No matter what."
I eyed the bed...tried to think of how I could lay, to be with Ian. I decided I'd hug against him sideways, with a leg over his, and my arm around his stomach.
It worked. He was happy. I could see the cute smile on his face out of the corner of my eye when I settled in and looked up at him.

"Thank you Janel. You saved my life." he finally said, after a minute of us just laying together in silence.
"Well, yeah.....I couldn't NOT!" I said, not wanting him to make me into some big hero or something.
"Ya know, when you held the gun up, it was like....aimed right at me! I actually for a split second, thought you were gonna shoot ME!" he admitted. I laughed once. "I really did! I thought either you bumped your head or something, and didn't know what you were doing, OR you were mad at what I'd said to Tammi earlier, about running away with her. I totally flinched....totally thought I was gonna die in that moment! I was heartbroken! I'm glad I didn't die, heartbroken! That would've sucked." he joked.
"She was RIGHT behind you. I was sooo stressed out and scared in that moment...I didn't have time to get up. I didn't have time to think about aiming....I didn't have time for you to move out of the way, or anything! I could see her face behind you, and I aimed for it. Her arm was up, and just about to come down and stab into your back. It was all like...slow motion....only it was so quick. I can't explain it. I just aimed how I thought it would go PAST your head, and hoped for the best. I mean, I DID aim. I did try. I didn't just shoot blindly. But I didn't have time to really think it out. It was HORRIBLE.
And I saw you flinch. I saw you put your arms up and block your head. And I got scared that I would shoot your arm! I was like 'noooo! fuuuuuck!'.
It was soooo stressful and terrible, Ian. I was soooo scared that I wouldn't hit her, and soooo scared that I'd hit you, right in the head.....and anything else that could've gone wrong in that ONE second of terror." I explained to him. "If I'd have hit you in the head, I'd have immediately followed you to the next life. I couldn't handle that for a SECOND."