22

I woke up while Calum was leaving. Luke's arms were wrapped around my waste tightly, as if I was going to run away.

"Where are you going?" I whispered to Cal

"Um..the park. I need to go for a walk and think about stuff."

"Can I come?"

"I don't think it's a good idea. You need to talk things out with Luke, Julia."

"Please Cal just let me go with you. I'll talk to him when he wakes up."

He squeezed his eyes shut, and furrowed his eyebrows, deep in thought.

"Yeah yeah fine whatever."

I got up from Luke and got dressed. Me and Cal walked out of the room. The trip to the park was quick, I was thinking about what I was going to talk about with Luke while Cal thought in that crazy mind of his something I didn't quite know. The park was empty, which I was grateful for. We sat on the swings and sat there in silence for a few minutes. A comfortable silence, I didn't quite know what to say to him. But I did know one thing, Cal was upset. I don't know what about, but he'd usually be smiling and happy and making some sort of conversation. Today he wasn't, he was upset and I wanted to know why.

"Cal what's on your mind?" I said looking at my feet. His head turned to me slowly and furrowed his eyebrows.

"Nothing." He mumbled. I sighed and closed my eyes.

"Cal please you know you can tell me."

"You really want to know?"

"Yeah."

"You."

"Me what?"

"Your on my mind."

"What about me?"

"You and Luke particularly."

"Oh." That was all I can manage to say, I didn't know what to say to him.

"It's just-if Luke even thinks about me loving you the way I do, I'm fucked. You don't understand Julia. I'm pissed. I'm pissed that Luke always gets his way, and he gets all the girls and shit. It's fucked up. I saw you at that concert first! You were mine from when I first saw you! But of course you chose Luke! Fuck he gets everything!!" Cal shouted, he was on his feet now.

"Cal-"

"No I'm not finished!" He interrupted. He ran his hand through his hair, and paced.

"Look last time I fell for Luke's girl it was bad. Our band was shit and Luke knew it wasn't 100% my fault but he was still pissed. I don't blame him, but still. I-Julia." His voice was soft now, he sat down again. His eyes were getting watery.

"Julia I can't love you. I can't loose Luke, he's my best friend."

"So are you saying we can't be friends?" I stuttered

"I dunno." He mumbled and looked at his feet.

"I'm sorry for yelling at you like that Ju."

I grabbed his hand and smiled.

"It's okay, I understand. Your right. And I'm sorry for talking advantage of you all the time, you don't deserve that shit."

"Your right I don't. But I don't mind. I'd do anything for you. I just-Luke gets everything."

"If I knew what a great guy you were before, I would've chosen you Cal."

He sighed and rubbed my hand.