Epilogue

The offer I got was to follow a band on one world tour and that tour was coming to an end.

The boys had been writing their next album during the journey and the last months they visited studios to record songs before concerts. I was asked to play a few pieces that couldn't be done in the computers and I loved it. Even when I wasn't needed any longer, when their management had found some guy with better musical education than me that would follow the band after the tour, I would be able to listen to their album and know that I played some of those parts. The thought of that made knowing that it was coming to an end less painful.

That day, Zayn had asked me to come with them to the studio even though they would sing most of the time. It was pretty fun for a while but I got bored quickly and left the room to look around in the building. I walked past a few doors and realised how much alike the corridors looked to the corridors of the building where I had met the band the first time. I really had no idea at all then how it would be later. I could never have known how much I would love it. How I felt like this tour was exactly what I needed. To get away from everything and see new places. New people.

We were located in an extremely tall building and the room I walked past had a view over half the city. The sky was in this beautiful pink colour and the window inside was huge. I opened the door and when I had taken a step inside I realised that this was also a studio. It didn't contain the normal guitars and drumsets and microphone stands, but more classical instruments. In front of the huge window stood the most beautiful grand piano I had ever seen. Not even the piano I used at my audition for the school was this extravagant. I almost didn't dare to touch it, but I still moved towards it like a magnet. Not even the beautiful view could make me take my eyes off the piano. I sat down slowly and made my fingers touch the keys. I didn't even push them down yet. Just touching them lightly. Before I knew it I was playing my favourite pieces. I hadn't played classical music for a pretty long while and god did the piano sound amazing. It took my breath away.

Nothing could take my focus away from the music in that moment. I was playing better than I had ever before. I almost cried out in pure joy. Not much could make me feel so happy.

Except, of course, the guy who was standing in the doorway, looking at me with his glimmering eyes filled with proudness. Zayn was almost as breath-taking as the view and the piano together. Almost.

He didn't interrupt me, though. He stood completely still until I was completely finished. I glanced at him once or twice and if he wasn't staring at me with that smile, he had his eyes closed and enjoyed the music.

When I finished, he walked towards me slowly, as if I was a protective bird mother that would hurt anyone who came near her precious baby. He had this huge smile on his lips and the look in his eyes told me he was thinking of something I was unaware of. He was going to tell me something.

"What is it?" I asked. He shrugged but couldn't stop his smile.

"Nothin'. You're even better since last I heard you. Proper talent." He told me. I rolled my eyes, not sure of how you answer a compliment like that.

He suddenly gasped and I tried to see what had happened. Apparently he hadn't seen the beautiful view and the sky until then. He walked to the window and looked down, watching how far it would be to the ground.

''What is it you're not telling me?'' I asked him again, curious. He was going to tell me sooner or later and I preferred sooner. I could see how his shoulders shook a little by his laughter. He was enjoying this, seeing me almost begging. ''It's good news right? Or you wouldn't smile like that.'' I tried finding out myself. He looked over his shoulder, his hands was in his pockets and when he was standing in that light he looked more perfect than ever.