Chapter 33

"Will you call me?" Zayn asked and looked down at where I was sitting, his fingers playing with a single stray of my hair. There had been a lot of standing and walking since I got up in the morning and all the places to sit in the airport was occupied. I sat down on the top of my suitcase at the airport. As usual, we were going to take an airplane in the middle of the night and the airport was very still and quiet.

Zayn was standing right in front of me, his knees just barely touching mine. I tilted my head to look up at him.

"Of course." I answered him. "It's just nine days, Zayn. I'll see you after just a little more than a week." I promised, more for myself than to him. I didn't want to be without him now. If he was without me for a certain time, maybe he would realise I'm boring and that he's only interested in me because I'm the only girl in our age on tour.

It was Zayn, though. The nicest and most amazing person alive. He wouldn't be with me if it wasn't for real. He wouldn't put me through that pain. I had to believe him. I had to believe it.

"A week is so long!" He complained and pouted. Louis huffed from behind him.

"Really? I haven't met Eleanor in a month soon. You'll be without your girlfriend for a little more than one week. Suck it up, Zayn." Louis said. I giggled a little and Zayn rolled his eyes. None of us commented on what Louis had said. That he had called me Zayn's girlfriend. I wasn't his girlfriend, but it wasn't like I was going to correct Louis. Also, I liked hearing that. I liked the thought of being his girlfriend somewhere in the future. It was probably mostly a matter of time and so. Everybody just assumed we were together already.

"I'm really excited to see my family again. I miss them really bad." Zayn said. I hummed in response. "I'll take the flight to Bradford ten minutes after we land in London. Are your parents picking you up at the airport?" He asked.

"Yeah, I talked to my parents, or my dad mostly, and he said he'll come." I told him, but with doubt in my voice. Had they really missed me at all?

"When did you call them? Can't remember you did." He said and looked thoughtful.

"Couple of nights ago. It was horrible."

"Horrible? Why?" He wondered with surprise in his voice. I hadn't said much about my family to him and when I did it was mostly that I missed them.

"My mum was pissed off and acting all weird and it was all very... stiff. I expected them to be happy 'cause I called, you know? But they were mad and said they thought I didn't care about them. I mean, what kind of parents does that?" I explained and he listened with a small wrinkle in his forehead.

"People are very different when it comes to missing other people. I'm sure they'll apologize as soon as you meet." He told me. I shrugged but he was probably right. I hoped he was. "Why didn't you tell me earlier?" He wondered.

"I was going to, but then it was that about the radio-interview and I kind of... I don't know. S'not a big deal really, I didn't want to bother you." I said and he raised his eyebrows. He leaned down, almost like you do to talk to a child or something. It would bother me, because I didn't want to feel small, but then I saw his eyes very close to my own and I could see every shade of gold in his eyes and I forgot about everything. Even breathing, almost.

"Iss," He started. I liked the way he pronounced that nick-name of my nick-name. I was a big fan of nick-names. I didn't have one for Zayn, yet. "Don't ever think like a problem of your's would be too small for me to listen to. If something makes you feel bad, I want to know, yeah? Want to help you, like, if I can." I was still staring into his eyes and it took me a few seconds to realise I should stop staring at the angel in front of me and answer to one of the most caring things anyone had ever said straight to my face.