Chapter 30

I soon realised that I wasn't even angry at Zayn. I was angry at myself for being weak and scared. I was angry at every girl out there who didn't push people away just because I always did. Maybe that's why I snapped at the interviewer - Paulina. It wasn't even her fault and I felt bad about it right after I said it.

It wasn't even supposed to come out as something mean, but the tone in my voice made it sound even worse. She didn't seem to understand at first but her expression changed and ten seconds later, she was standing far away again.

While she was talking to the camera man who had offered his chair to me, her new best friend (Zayn) had walked over there with her and why did people have to be so close to me? I was annoyed already and the sight of the two of them talking and laughing did not make anything better.

"So I guess you're playing keyboard with them?" Paulina asked me. I glared at her and nodded, lips pursed.

"Is it hard? I mean to play keyboard?" She asked again and my god, she sounded stupid. Every time she opened her mouth something idiotic came out which made me want to punch her for being annoying. Why didn't the woman just leave me alone? I hated that Zayn fell for her after what? Ten minutes? I thought he was smarter than that.

"Well, it's not close to the difficulty of asking already written questions and smile while looking stupid without anything happening between two ears, but yeah. It's pretty hard." I said, and met Zayn's eyes before looking down in my magazine, which I already had read two times, again. His jaw was clenched and his stare was angry. Okay, so maybe it was a bit too much. I was about to apologise, but decided to let it be. She walked away soon and Zayn spoke up the second she was out of hearing.

"Really?" He said pissed off. It was awful to hear him sound so disappointed, but I didn't show anything.

"Yes. I'm sorry to be the one telling you the truth, but she's far from perfect." I said back, just as sternly.

"She didn't do anyth...."

"Can we leave now? Are you done?" I interrupted him and looked around to find someone that could save me. I didn't want to fight with Zayn, still I wanted to tell him everything that made me upset and I didn't know if that would be very smart. Also, I was embarrassed for saying that to Paulina and I didn't want him to be mad at me. I was mad at myself already.

"Issy, don't..." He was really angry by then and even though Zayn never went much further than raising his voice and sounding really disappointed when he was angry, it was horrible to hear. I wanted him to like me and be proud of me when I did something good. I couldn't think of anything worse than listening to how angry he was because I was rude to his girlfriend or whatever she now was.

"Jared!" I saw him over Zayn's shoulder and he turned to look at me when I called for him.

"We're leaving. Now. Come on, the others can take the other cars." I said and got up from the chair. I pushed Zayn out of my way and pulled Jared's arm with me. Not like he wasn't strong enough, but he followed my way out of the studio.

"What's going on, Belle?" He wondered amused but worried, like a big brother. I shook my head fast and walked fast to the parking lot with Jared right after me.

I couldn't do it. I couldn't stay in there and see Zayn in front of me while slowly realising that I didn't have to think about pushing him away or not. Because he was already gone. I had told myself I didn't believe him to have any sort of feelings towards me. But would it really hurt so much if I didn't believe it from the beginning?

We went in three different cars to the studio because Liam and Harry went with Lou and a security guard. The other three were supposed to come in a second car with Paul, but Zayn decided that he wanted me along and waited for me to get ready so we went in a third car with Jared.