Chapter 15

The amount of people working backstage with all kinds of things before, during and after the concerts was really big. There were people everywhere! Almost all of them was going to follow One Direction during the whole tour, some of them were only there for one show, and some were only going to be in the UK.

I had become friends with some of the people working backstage, like Jared. He was working with many things behind the scene, like helping to fix the sound and the light or chasing the lads to make them come to their sound checks and concerts on time. He was also standing between the fans and the stage during the concerts, making sure nothing happened. Jared was pretty similar to Paul and Preston. A huge man with a dark voice who seemed extremely creepy at first, but was actually one of the nicest people I had ever met. He came into the room where Lou kept us when she styled our hair.

"Jared!" I screamed, louder than necessarily, and he went up to me.

"Hello, you." He said and gave me a fistbump.

"You're all going on sound check in twenty minutes! Will you be done until then?" He asked Lou, who nodded.

"Twenty minutes will be perfect!" She said and Jared went out again. I liked Jared. Jared was hilarious.

"Belle, let's get your hair done now." Lou said and started fixing and wash my hair. Niall was done by now, so he went out to do some voice exercises together with the others before the sound check.

Lou was so excited about my new change, she had been covering all mirrors so that it would be a total surprise later. She blow-dried my hair and let it fall to it's normal curls behind my back. She had been very careful not to let me see a single stray of hair that fell in front of my shoulders. I was starting to get pretty anxious now.

"Lou, let me see it now! And please tell me it's not blue." I added and crossed my fingers.

"It's not blue, and it fits you perfectly! I knew it!" She said proudly. I hope so, Lou. I hope so, I thought.

+++++

I was almost going to miss the sound check, so I had to run out to the stage and stand along with Dan, Sandy and Josh behind my keyboards. Josh called it "Issy's keyboard world".

"You look great, Issy!" Dan complimented me and the others agreed with him. I thanked them and pulled all of my now extremely red, almost pink hair over my left shoulder. Fifty shades of red, all from real ginger-orange to almost pink to neon red. I loved it! The guys came out just as they were going to at the concert, singing.

It was hard for them to see us playing behind them, but in the intro of "She's not afraid", Liam looked up at us and stared at me and smiled. He did a thumbs up and nudged Louis in the side. Louis even changed his solo a bit.

"She walks in and the room just lights up, but she don't want anyone to know, that her red ha-air is not nat-ur-al. Natural." He sang and I laughed at him. Both Harry and Zayn almost missed their solos and Josh said it was because of me, but I didn't believe him. I mean, they were professionals, and why would I make them come out of focus? 

I was getting really excited for the show. I jumped down from the platform we had been standing on and played after the sound check.

"That was great, guys! Best sound check this long!" I told them and high fived them all as I ran around on the stage, totally hyped all suddenly.

"Thanks, Issy. Your hair turned out great, by the way. I got a little suspicious when I saw the red bottles, but it suits you." Harry told me and I smiled at him.

"I've never had it red, actually. But I like it." I said and twirled a stray around my finger. I heard someone coming up from behind me and then I felt a pair of hands fixing with my hair softly. I knew it was Zayn without turning around, and I felt my cheeks turning warm. Why did I blush? Stop it, stupid cheeks!