Chapter 37

It was one thing to have Zayn wake you up. It was an entirely other thing to wake up next to a sleeping Zayn.

He was on his stomach, face turned to me. His arm was up above his head, hand placed on the pillow beside him.

Somehow, he managed to look peaceful even with his eyebrows slightly furrowed. I turned over in the soft covers and tried going back to sleep, without succeeding. I heard someone making breakfast downstairs, so I figured it was morning anyway.

I heard steps from outside the bedroom and the door creaked when it was opened slowly. I got up on my elbows to see who it was. Zayn's mum stuck her head in and smiled widely when she saw me.

''Oh, you're awake. Could you wake Zayn maybe? Or no, let him sleep. I'm leaving for work now but I'll be back at four. Everything's ready to make breakfast in the kitchen if you'd want that. Zayn has my number so call me if you need anything, okay?'' She said very quietly. I nodded, not entirely awake yet and tried to adjust my eyes to the light that came with the open door.

''Yeah, of course. Thank you.'' I mumbled, pulling a hand through my hair and smiling at her.

''My pleasure, love. Try to wake him before noon, would ya?'' She smiled back and closed the door after herself.

Zayn groaned a little suddenly and I sat incredibly still without breathing so he wouldn't wake up. Right then, my stomach growled loudly and I tried to make it shut up by putting my hands on it. I was really hungry, which was surprising thinking about how much Mrs. Malik (who asked me to call her Trisha but I wasn't sure yet) made us eat last night.

I was thinking about waking him up anyways. Maybe he was hungry too. But then I heard the front door close downstairs and remembered that we were all alone.

Totally, completely, alone.

That had never happened before. But I didn't want to wake him up. I rolled out from the covers as fast as possible so he wouldn't get cold before I went looking for a pair of pants. I didn't feel like putting on my skinny jeans so early in the morning and he would definitely wake up if I started looking in my bag.

I found a pair of his sweatpants folded neatly on a shelf, and put them on. His large shirt was reaching down half my thighs. Then I sneaked out of the room as silent as possible before walking down the stairs and towards the kitchen.

I was horrible in the kitchen, so I didn't try to make any eggs and bacon because I would end up burning down the house. I sliced a few pieces of bread and then put up everything I could find that I dared to take and looked breakfast-y on a tray.

I walked up the stairs again to find my boyfriend still deep asleep. He hadn't moved an inch since I left the room. It was eleven o' clock, so I decided it was time for him to wake up so he didn't sleep the day away.

I put the tray on his bedside table and walked around to where I had been sleeping. Lying down again, I admired him for as long you can before it gets creepy and kissed him. He moved slightly but wasn't fully awake yet. I pecked his lips four times more and then kissed him properly.

He wasn't actually moving, but his lips were smiling under mine before he kissed me back. His eyes opened slowly when I pulled back. He was still smiling and so was I.

''I can get used to waking up like that.'' He said in the most raspy and deep morning voice I had ever experienced.

''I sorta made breakfast.'' I replied, gesturing to the tray behind his back. He rolled over as he yawned and stretched his arms up in the air.

''Look at that. I might have to keep you forever.'' He chuckled before rolling over again and wrapping his arm around my waist to pull me closer. "How is my girlfriend feeling today, then?" He asked and smirked. He looked so incredibly proud by those words. He was too good to be true. I lifted my hand to pull his hair, which didn't contain any hair-products so it was incredibly soft, away from his face. My hand lingered with his hair between my fingers before I let it fall down again.