Chapter 8

This chapter is pretty short, but the next one will be longer! And chapter 9 is almost finished as well! Hope you'll like it!

+++++

I drove through the streets of London in my red car. The songs I would play later that evening, from one directions latest album, was strumming through the speakers. The car-roof was pulled down, so everybody around could hear the bass from the music and my hair flew behind me as I drove. A pair of fans on the sidewalk in front of me, probably on their way to stand in line outside the arena, heard the music and turned around before they started singing along and dancing. I laughed at them and waved. I had never seen these girls before, but it was clear that they were fans when I heard one of them shout behind me.

"Oh my god! I swear, that was Isabelle Bower, I saw her at the twitcam! She waved at us!"

It was weird knowing she knew who I was. I shouldn't actually be famous. If I was being keyboardist for any other band no one would know who I was. But now I was with One Direction, and suddenly millions of fan could recognise me on a picture.

Not everybody involved in the concert knew who I was yet, so I had an identity card around my neck. It looked like a backstage pass and it felt heavy around my neck.

I went in through a door backstage after showing the card to a few people and managed to find a few familiar faces after a while. Dan and Niall sat on the floor in one of the hallways, both strumming on their guitars. I walked up to them and threw my bag on the floor and sat behind Niall.

I really liked Niall. He was easy to be with and talk to, and he made everyone around him happy easily. I could use some of his happiness right now, maybe even some Irish-luck.

"Niall, spread some happiness!" I almost shouted and gave him a half hug, since we sat on the floor and his guitar was in the way. He laughed at me and his braces was showing.

"What?" He said, still laughing.

"I'm really, really nervous. Please say something that would take my mind of things."

"Umm... There's food in our dressing room." He said. I think he mumbled something I couldn't hear as well, but I was on my way to the dressing room already.

I found the rest of the lads in a big dressing room a few rooms away. Josh, Liam and Sandy sat in a sofa, talking. In another sofa, Louis and Zayn was looking down on their phones. Harry was at the table in the corner if the room, filling a plate with different kinds of food. He wasn't wearing a shirt, but I had been seeing Harry walking around in only his boxers many times, so I wasn't even surprised. I would be surprised if he walked around with a shirt.

They all saw me coming in and greeted me before going back to what they were doing. Zayn moved a bit on the sofa and mentioned for me to sit between him and Louis.

I jumped over Louis legs that rested on the table and almost fell into the sofa on the way. When I sat down I brought my knees up to my chest and hugged them tightly, while I started biting on my fingernails.

"You're not nervous, are you?" Harry said and chuckled as he sat down on the armrest beside Louis. I didn't answer and saw Louis taking a few grapes from Harry's plate. Zayn lifted his hand from his phone and took my hand away from my mouth. He squeezed it quickly, almost too soft for me to feel but still, before he put my hand in the sofa.

"You can't play if your nails are all bloody by biting them down." He simply said. I guess he had a point, but it came natural to me when I was nervous. I nodded without a word and kept hugging my knees.

"Belle, please relax." Liam said from the other sofa. "I can feel your nervousness from over here without even looking at you."

"Sorry. I have just never played in front of this many people before. And when I have played, it has been classical music on a grand piano. Not pop and rock on several keyboards."