Chapter 16

"He's going to kill me. I will be dead and I will only be one day from going to Europe. One day! I'm too young to die, Harry. I don't want to do this." I exclaimed and hugged Harry who sat next to me on the bed close and he hid me in his long arms. I could barely breathe, but I couldn't breathe correctly before either, so I was okay with that.

"Don't worry, Issy. Nothing will happen." He calmed me down and stroke my hair. I talked about it as a joke, but I was really scared to death.

My pulse was going crazy and I felt like I was having a fever. For every second that went by, I felt the invisible weights on my shoulders get even heavier. He could be anywhere.

"I'm sorry for asking, but why are you so scared of him? What is he going to do?" Liam asked me from the side of the room. Harry, Liam and Louis was going to go out and 'explore the city' (their words, not mine) and buy a pair of new shoes to Harry, since we got mobbed the last time we were about to do that. They wanted me to come with them, but I said there was no way I would go anywhere in Birmingham.

"When we were together, he would... Hurt me sometimes, both physically and by words. He always apologized afterwards and promised he would never do it again, but he always did, and I always believed him. When I finally had enough and left him to live with my parents again, he would threaten me with all kinds of things. Mostly, it was texts or phonecalls where he said he would beat me up and stuff, and he never did anything, but he's capable of many things. I was really afraid of all of his friends and they were doing a lot of criminal stuff. Ryan promised he didn't had anything to do with it, but I don't know. At least he does now."

The three of them looked a bit shocked, but what did they expect? Why would I else be this afraid? I imagined him jumping up from behind me or something. He knew I was here, and I was scared to death.

"But it's okay. I'll stay here until the show and then we will be in Europe by tomorrow, right? You can go shopping, it's okay." I told them, faking a smile. I didn't want them to be scared to, or feel sorry for me. Most certainly, I didn't want them to believe I was weak and couldn't handle it. Yes, I was scared like hell, but I could take it. I didn't need them to babysit and comfort me.

"Are you sure? I can stay and watch a movie with you if that would help." Harry offered. I smiled at him and shook my head. Harrs was, no doubt, the nicest person I knew. I would never see him as anything but a friend, but the girl that gets to date Harry, is one lucky bastard.

"That's not necessary. I'll just stay at the hotel. I'll call if I need you." I promised. After making sure that I wasn't that  scared and that I could handle it, they finally left me and went out.

I looked around in my hotel room. Now what? I had much time before I had to leave to the arena, and the hotel was a safe place, right? I left my hotel room in my black sweatpants, a white T-shirt and my super-soft socks. I sneaked past the others' rooms and took the elevator down to the lobby.

This was the most fancy hotel this far and when I looked into the hotel restaurant when we arrived I had seen people playing live music. A piano was the first thing I knew would calm me down.

The door to the hotel restaurant was unlocked and there were only a few guests inside, eating a late breakfast. I was only going to play for a little while, and no one could tell me no, could they? I was way better than the guy who played before.

I sat down and ignored the angry gaze I got from one man in the corner. I didn't need to look at him for long to understand his hangover. Not my problem, I thought.

I didn't think, I just played what came into my mind and kept going. I was playing for a while, letting the music take over and relax me. When I played, it felt like I could do whatever I wanted. If I wanted to give the poor man in the corner a massive headache, I could. It looked like he had fallen asleep with his face against the table.