Chapter 39

A pair of cold hands were put in front of my eyes. There were plenty of people I could think of that could be the owner of those hands. I tapped my fingers on the table I had in front of me and thought about who it was that had just entered the room.

It wasn't Zayn. When he was to surprise me he usually just came out of nowhere and kissed me before I knew what was going on. Also, he was sitting next to me. I felt his hand rest on my knee.

It wasn't Josh either. He was sitting across from me and I had just been talking to him about the songwriters the boys would cooperate with during this part of the tour. We had very similar music taste, and we were very excited to hear what they would come up with.

Other than that, it could've been any of the lads. Or Caroline, or Jared, or anybody really.

''Hi Lou.'' I heard Harry say as he walked behind me and the mystery person - Louis. I laughed. The person behind my chair must have given Harry a death glare because he fast followed with ''She doesn't know which Lou it is yet!'' He defended himself with. Sure, but even though Louis' hands were small I could tell the difference between his and Lou's neat hands that were used to style hair and makeup.

''Sure I don't. Hi Louis. Thank you Harry, hello to you as well.'' I said, smiling as Louis took his hands away from my face and spun my chair around. Zayn took his hand away and shook his hand while smiling at his friends. Louis leaned forward and leaned above me with one hand on each of the armrests on my sides.

''That man really don't know how to be discreet.'' He sighed. He then let out a small laugh and stood up properly before stretching his arms out as an invite for a hug. I jumped up and hugged him tight. He even lifted me from the floor.

''I really need to talk to you later.'' I whispered to him. He nodded, just as unnoticeable and put me down again.

''How was the family?" He asked. Maybe he actually wanted to know, but I believed it was a way to ask about something quick so no one would wonder why we didn't say anything. I mentally groaned. Wrong choice of question. I wasn't the kind of person that would start to cry just by the mention of something that could make me upset, but it stung in my chest since I hadn't thought about it for a while.

''I, uhm... I got thrown out. Ry-Ryan was there." I stuttered and bit my lip afterwards. "Long story." I added with a sigh.

I hadn't spoken to my parents since, except a text from my dad where he wanted to make sure I was okay and had a place to stay. I had answered with one 'yes'. Dad was actually on my side. He usually was, and he used to stand behind me when I had a discussion with my mum. Like when they found me playing the piano by chords and not only the classical pieces I was supposed to practice. I was 12 or something. My mum never stopped complaining about how I wasn't supposed to play anything modern. I was never going to make a carrier out of that, she said.

That was the first time my parents had a real fight because mum disliked something I did and dad took my side. Now, dad usually kept away from our arguments. Persuading my mum into letting me go on tour was his work. I was happy I wasn't there to hear their fights about it after I left. He was still on my side, but he would carefully pick his fights instead of risking his marriage.

''Okay, we really need to talk." Louis mumbled and kissed my forehead fast before walking around the table to sit in a spot between Harry and Dan.

Zayn glared at Louis for kissing my forehead when Louis walked back to his seat. He hadn't shown much emotion or said much earlier that day. Since that day, he said less by every day. Like he was waiting for something that didn't happen and lost his hope.

Louis rolled his eyes. "Don't do that whole overprotective thing, Malik. It's obvious the two of you are very much in love with each other." He reassured Zayn, who was still staring at him, and sat down across the table. Zayn tensed by his words. I could see how he held his breath for a second.