Facing the past

July 17th, 19:40.
The Man's island; the lab.

*******************

One For All journal, October 19th.

Last entry by Nana Shimura.

"It's been long since my last entry, but I've been busy. And I know for sure I'll be even busier soon.

I hoped I had more time to properly train my pupil, but problems are piling up and villains don't give a truce.

Speaking of Toshinori... last week he risked his life and his body (again) to save dozens of civilians from a certain death. When I knew how close to that monster of All For One he had come, I got so angry I hit him and scolded him for having disobeyed me. He was so stubborn... he simply can't keep his promise of staying out of trouble. But... oh, my... there he was: standing still, smiling, fist raising, with just superficial injuries, and acclaimed by the people after showing how far he has come to dominate his power.

I will never regret having chosen him as my successor. I know I lost the right to call myself a mother, but... I think young Toshi just made me feel the pride of one.

Gran Torino is right: I'm still such a crybaby...

Now, back to the subject, like my predecessors, I have continued this diary and studied this power we have shared. However, I just discovered something strange about One For All.

This power is not only a Quirk.

All the former users: they're... there somehow. It's like they were still living and watching what happens in this world from some sort of limbo.

I have sensed their figures and heard their voices for years, and last night I was able to slightly interact with them for the first time.

The strangest thing of all is that Toshinori seems to have never sensed them. I wonder if it has to do with the fact that he was the only born Quirkless who ever held One For All.

What if there was a way of controlling this communication? Even more, what if a user could actually enter that... place, whatever it is?

What could it be found there?

These are questions I'll try to answer in the future.

Everything I know is that whatever knowledge I can get, the enemy must be several steps ahead. That only adds more danger to this mystery.

And I also know that every One For All user faced All For One at least once before dying. I can feel the day I'll face All For One for good is near. I wish I could be certain about the result of that confrontation but I already talked to Gran Torino: Toshinori must be ready if anything happens to me, and my old friend will make sure he goes to the States and become stronger than any hero.

I know he will succeed. He was simply born with the heart for this.

One day I will tell him what he truly means to me and all the good he has brought to my life. It is so sad an orphan has unintentionally reminded a mother the true meaning of family. As I watch him progress, I have come to realise the past will be going nowhere unless I amend my mistakes.

Yes. I must do this. I must make sure my future Symbol of Peace, All Might, keeps following his path without me. And to do so, I must defeat All For One. And once I do that, I'll go back home... and see my boy again. No matter if he never makes it to forgive me, somehow I'll return and fulfil my duty as a mother...