Best of three

Time: ??
Place:??

*************
"Ochako?"

"Hm?" she was lying on top of him, her face on his chest, but Deku could see her eyes half open.

"Is there something wrong?"

"I'm okay. I was just thinking" Uraraka muttered.

Deku wrapped his arms around her and tenderly caressed her short brown hair. It hadn't been a year since they officially became Pro Heroes, but much like their lives in UA, they had been full of surprises. One of them had been those not so occasional nights together.

They never planned it that way. But they should have seen it coming after their last year's prom night, where more than a few cute words and actions were exchanged.

And they were an excellent team, so no matter the distance and silence they forced between them, action would call always them back. Hero work brought them together as easily as it separated them.

Deku didn't need to ask her what she was thinking. In private they understood each other as well as they did in battle.

Fans had no evidence about their feelings, but fans were fans and it wouldn't take long before they were shipped to death. Their friends weren't blind either, and the most down to Earth ones were worried. It was public knowledge now that Izuku "Deku" Midoriya was far more than just a cool and charismatic hero. And if there was something to be known about All Might's successor's sentimental life, every villain in the country would be all ears.

The thought of All For One or Shigaraki going after Uraraka or her family was more than enough to keep him awake too.

"Ochako..." he had called Uraraka by her first name since that prom night. "I really like... this. And I wish we could..."

"Shh... I know" Uraraka put a finger on his lips and looked at him from her position. "Let's just have what we have now..." she stated as she cuddled closer to Deku's neck and hug him before closing her eyes.

Deku hugged her in response and followed her on the attempt to sleep again...

**************

The facility was no longer there.

He had read about alternate dimensions, as well as enjoyed thousands of stories fantasizing with such theories, but that... oh, that. Nothing could have prepared him for what was before him.

He was ready for the enemy coming out of anywhere, but the next figure he found inside the vortex was equally familiar. Only that young man didn't look so powerful.

The door the boy just knocked opened. However, Deku saw that scene five years ago and remembered it to perfection...

***************

"For the last time, Mina, I'm not going to..." Uraraka muted when she met the one standing before her dorm.

That day, this five years younger Deku had flied for seven hours, run all the way to UA and endured a three hours session of suits, hairstyles and more to meet Ochako Uraraka at her door. Most of Class 3A, led by Mina and the rest of the girls had orchestated the operation that resulted in Deku all suited up, hair combed and flowers in hand just for their friend. Years later, Mina herself would say years later the pair would have saved plenty of time if Deku would have just proposed to her right there and then.

"..."

"Deku...?" Uraraka would have pinched herself if she weren't too shocked to move. "You... you are supposed to be in the States. When did you arrive?"