Epilogue: a hero comes home

"And this is the story... of how I became the greatest hero."

The little baby stared at Deku with his big green eyes as he chewed his bunny plushie with his still toothless mouth. There was no way he would remember or understand the stories his Dad told him, but he always looked so interested.

He heard the door of the house being opened and closed. Now his wife had arrived from work too and she was coming to that small bedroom they had decorated together for Hikari.

Happy and colourful animals on the walls made sure Hikari never felt alone inside his crib, a crib where blanket and pillow were full of planets, stars, moons and rockets. And both inside and outside the crib, there were always the little boy's hero plushies: Dynamight, Lemillion, Froppy, Red Riot, Pinky... and of course, his parents. This way they were always there for him, even when grandma Inko or Aunts Eri and Kota came to babysit.

"Since then," Deku continued, "heroes have continued and honored the legacy All Might, the greatest hero of all time, trusted your parents' generation. Because peace can't last forever and evil always finds its way back..."

"Ahem..." Ochako stood on the door, looking at her husband with both curiosity and fun in her eyes. "Do you really expect him to fall asleep this way?"

"Why not? He loves these stories. Besides, it's also the story of how I met his mother" Deku answered, supressing his instinct of instantly hugging Ochako. "Look who is finally here, Hikari."

"Hi, sweetie. Did you miss Mommy?" Ochako sweetly muttered as she brought her index to their son's cheek, As a response, the baby happily grabbed the finger and carried it to his mouth, as he floated into his mother's arms. "Mommy has missed you a lot" she softly kissed one of those Hikari's cheeks that were so similar to hers. Those rosy cheeks that his tiny curious hands of baby always tried to grab.

But now he just yawned and his eyes closed slowly. Dad's stories had worked and Mom proceeded to carefully return the baby to the crib and cover him with his blanket. Soon he would sleep deeply, and to make sure he rested, Mom took the All Might keychain she always carried at work and placed it on the baby's hand, whose little fingers closed over it. One day, that lucky amulet her husband once gave to her would be passed to him.

Ochako felt an arm surrounding her and a kiss she would immediately return.

"What about me? You missed me too?"

"You know I always do" Ochako quietly answered. "There is nothing like coming back home and finding my two favorite boys in the world. And you know I would gladly make it three boys once we have time to plan it.

"Same" Deku clutched her. "A daughter would be nice too, since my Mom never had a baby girl like your parents."

"Speaking of that, we will need back up for next week" Ochako reminded. Next week both of them would be required for a mission.

"Don't worry. I already asked Eri and Kota. They will take care."

"Hmm... those two always look too happy to babysit together..." Ochako teased.

Any other parent would be skeptical about a teen couple taking such responsibility, but those two were determined to be for Hikari what Deku was once for them. Plus, Eri was the top student in the eyes of none other that UA's Principal Eraserhead. Hikari Midoriya couldn't be in better hands.

The young marriage turned the light off and left the room silently so they didn't wake up the child.

"Ahh, today was exhausting. And it's only Tuesday" Ochako said once they were both in the bed.

"Yes, I am tired too" Deku admitted as they hugged, ready to sleep.

"But I'm glad at least you could spend some time with Hikari" Ochako said, a bit sad.

"Hey, don't worry about it. Tomorrow I'll be the one doing extra hours. And we will spend the weekend the three of us together."

"I love him so much..."

"And I love both of you, Ochako" Deku slightly removed her hair from her forehead, as Ochako buried her face on his chest.

"I love you too, Izuku."

"My Deku... now and always."

And they would both love the sister one day they would give Hikari one year later. Little Nanako would share her grandmother's eyes and mother's hair colour, as long as her father's freckles and hard to manage hair.

Deku couldn't be happier and more thankful for the family he was blessed with. 

Neither him, his wife or his friends were blind to the future though. Villains had evolved and adapted yo the new times as well as heroes did. And there was always a shadow growing from the heart of the Tartarus... and another one outside that would never rest either.

The now Pro Heroes and recent parents knew their children would have to deal with the world they had built for them.

It was hard not to fantasize about them wanting to follow their steps, but that was a new world full of new opportunities.

And whatever they decided, they would support them with everything they had, like their parents did before them.

THE END

Yes; this time it is finished for good! Now the epilogue is here, Wedding Bells officially over.

Thanks to you guys for giving my story a try. All it's left to say is that I hope you who read until the end have truly enjoyed this fanfic.

You have made it more enjoyable I could have asked with your votes and comments. I will keep checking comments you leave, I promise.

It is weird, because I have been writing this for a really long time and I have no idea what will I write about next. But whatever and however it results, I will feel encouraged thanks to your support.

And I really hope Deku and Ochako have their happily ever after in the manga soon enough. In the meantime, this is why fanfics are for😄😄!

And that should work as the final credits song! A Hero Comes Home, the Nightcore version (original version sung by Idina Menzel). I really love it.

Thank you all and God bless ^.^