What the heart wants

*************************

FLASHBACK

"Katsuki?" Camie looked closer to Bakugou's now inexpressive face.

"I see... then there is no..."

"No. I'm really sorry we made you get it wrong" she felt terribly embarrassed as soon as she got notice of the misunderstanding, but now she was concerned on how the truth may have affected him. "That pregnancy test was Yaoyorozu's, not mine."

Camie had expected to see absolute relief in his face, but his frowned expression actually looked more of... disappointment. And when she remembered their encounter at the bar that night, there was no way she didn't want to hug her UA's bae. It was understandable many people considered him a terrible tempered scrapper who solved everything by creating explosions, but even since the hero license exam where they had to deal with problematic children, Camie knew there was more to him. Back then she was the type of girl so innocent and absent minded her classmates tend to see her as kind of a dumb child in the body of an all grown up woman. Most likely that was the reason it didn't took long for her to connect with Bakugou. She adored working with children and, despite his age and hero progress, he quickly became her favorite big child. The one that always covers the best of himself under an explosive persona and an over the top bad boy attitude.

"But... what you just told me..." Camie knew Bakugou hated to get sentimental, so she was moved and had all the reasons to be, "... was really nice."

"DON'T..." Bakugou slightly blushed as he retained the rage that in other circumstances would suffocate his embarrassment. "I MEAN... NOBODY... NEEDS TO KNOW...WHAT I SAID..."

"But you were being honest, weren't you?"

"Of course I was! You think I would just leave you alone with such responsibility?"

"I know you wouldn't. But I thought you weren't very okay with the idea of becoming a parent..."

"Well" he growled. "That must be way harder than kicking villains' asses. But it can't be that awful raising a brat with the best of our genes, right?"

"Oh, who wouldn't want to meet a chibi version of you..." a smiley Camie nodded. "And what about the other part of your affirmation?"

Bakugou greeted his teeth and mumbled something incomprehensible before answering.

"I meant that too. I didn't just say it because I thought you were... you know..."

Camie didn't need to ask to know the answer, but some things in life must be heard from a person's mouth instead.

"Katsuki... I never apologized for what happened the night of the parties. And I'm sorry too that I said I had a date for the wedding; I was still dealing with the break up and I was totally confused for how that night ended, but that's no excuse."

"Easy, babe: I was actually glad to find out you hadn't gone with Monoma. That would have been a hundred times worse than lying" he remembered.

"Do you really have to go tomorrow?" Camie sighed. "Midoriya is already going, as well as others, but heroes will also be needed here. And you and I have a lot to talk about, this time without a bottle of sake..."

"Shigaraki is in Hawaii, holding Eri and the rest prisoners. That means there's where the biggest part of the action will take place" Bakugou said. Not to mention the so called The Man, the presumptuous scumbag who thought he could send him to the hospital and get away with it, was waiting for a rematch in Hawaii. "You think I'll let the nerd and the Half-Half bastard get all the glory? Besides, All Might personally asked me to go there and work together. Not that I'm going to like that, but..."