Open injuries

***********************

The villains and Nomus left the campus as fast as they had arrived, but the damage was already done and news were only getting worse. Eri was not the only one who had disappeared without a trace: Ojiro, Shinso and David Shield were nowhere to be found. The heroes spent the rest of the day trying to locate both their friends and their captors, but all they were able to do was to capture some of the remaining Nomus. Himiko Toga was the only member of the League who was arrested.

Bakugou and Endeavor were found and moved to Recovery Girl's Office, which in the past had to become bigger and filled with more beds since Deku and his promotion spent years getting in and out from there.

The security measures of the UA's entrance had been severely damaged and help from Mei Hatsume, Power Loader and other professionals would be required to repair the door while Mayor Nezu, Present Mic, Midnight, and most of the teachers did their best to contain the anxious press..

***********************

Two days later...

July 10th, 11:30.

Press conference.

"I know the population is shocked after the events that took place two days ago at the UA" Nezu stoically declared from behind the table, with Principal Aizawa on his right and All Might on his left. "The UA teachers are consternated too. But I'm giving you my word that none of us will rest until the villains responsible are found and the missing people are rescued".

"Principal Aizawa!" one of the reporters raised the voice. It wasn't easy to know which, since the three people were facing a legion of hungry reporters armed with blocks and cameras. "This incident took place inside the UA itself. An Academy that has always set an example of security for its students. However, a huge number of killing creatures managed to be introduced and practically destroy the campus, while the very same heroes who once studied there were unable to prevent it. How is this going to affect to the UA's reputation?"

All Might slightly looked at Eraser, who remained self-controlled in the face of pressure despite being considerably harder than usual. The three of them would always be linked to anything that involved the UA, but as the Principal he was definitely going to take the worst part of the public reaction, specially from parents. And the press was not going to be easy on him at all.

"Even if it was a wedding what was to be performed that day, the security measures were strictly kept like it was a normal day at school" Aizawa was prepared to deal with tricky questions. "The League of Villains obviously had planned this act with care and anticipation, and knew exactly what they were looking for. Like you said, it was impossible to any of the present heroes to guess that the League would have such specific objectives, that they would have the means to carry out that devastating attack and that they would choose the day where two Pro Heroes were getting married..."

"In other words... you underestimated a criminal organization that existed even before the golden age of All Might?" the reporters would show no mercy. But this time it wasn't Aizawa who answered.

"The League of Villains terrified the country before I was even born" All Might stated. He wasn't the astounding Hero Number One whose smiley and confident face still decorated millions of kids' bedrooms any more. But he had been a UA's teacher for years and wouldn't tolerate any discredit towards his colleagues and students. "When I fought his founder for the first time he already had more than a hundred years of experience as a criminal mind and killer of heroes. These UA's former students had their fair share of pain and loss at the hands of villains that acted in the same circles All For One did when they were hardly more than children. As teachers before and as more experienced Pro Heroes now we are still giving our best effort to guide these promises of the profession and make them the best generation ever."