Until death do us part

July 18th, 00:00
The Man's Island;
inside the volcano.

The arena inside the volcano consisted of a wide metallic platform just above a hellish pond of lava whose blocks changed their positions periodically, turning it into either a flat ground, a stretch bridge, a spinning wheel or a labyrinth.

Bakugou had previously checked the effects of Blazor's Quirk on his own skin, so there was no way he would come to fight him a second time without a plan. A plan that had begun with a brief visit to the lab. Hardly some warm up for what was about to come.

With the help of Todoroki, who now had a problem of his own fighting Dabi, the heroes managed to put their mostly uncertain plan into practice.

The second part of the plan wouldn't be so easy: he would fight a human beast with a height and complexion similar to Endeavor and All Might's, with his own hands. His opponent already easily outmatched him in pure physical strength, and he didn't expect the heat absorbing bastard to take the fight to the heart of a freaking volcano.

But he also physically outmatched Deku the first time they went Quirk against Quirk, and he still found a way to win. And Bakugou, much like him, was more than willing to risk his body for the success of his mission.

However, the strength of The Man had become too much to handle in a body-to-body combat, and finally he had no choice but to create a close explosion to sent the villain away, before the labyrinth changed again and an iron wall separated them. An iron wall that trembled as heavy punches sere heard from the other side. The heat of the arena and that explosion had made Blazor even stronger.

"I thought you'd had learned your lesson, kid!"

Bakugou shook in anger. The sweat he was secreting because of the heat of the place would make him unstoppable against any other opponent, but he would achieve nothing that way.

He followed the wall on the run but he limited the use of his Quirk to accumulate sweat inside his gloves.

"DYNAMIGHT!" as soon as he turned the corner and divised a running Todoroki's pose at the other side of the way, he knew what was next.

Bakugou dodged and his back slipped along the floor under Todoroki's legs just time to shoot an explosion to Dabi before he reached his brother. Dabi, who couldn't be prevented, flied backwards, like an erratic blue shooting star, and the iron wall against which he impacted sounded like a gong.

As for Todoroki, he hit the floor with his palm and froze the third way where Blazor was charging like a rhyno. The ice would be enough to immobilize half of his body for a while.

A while when Bakugou took an explosive impulse from the now frozen floor and picked Todoroki on his shoulders from behind. Then the heroes skated all the way to the struggling masked man, who after receiving a demolishing kick to the head by Bakugou, he got a shot of serum to his neck and another to his left arm.

"You... what have you done..."

"Everyday, heroes pursue those who make business with this drug" Todoroki exposed to the now heavily breathing villain. "And for good reason."

The so long experimented on Nomus serum was meant to increase the regular effects of Quirks expotentially.

"Those who decide to play with this shit are never fully aware of what it may cause to them" even if Bakugou wasn't very proud of his tactic, he was ready to face the effects of it. "But Pro Heroes know something better than anyone: there always is a limit to what a human body can take from its own Quirk."

"Ohh I see" Blazor's muscular mass began to increase and his voice became graver than usual while his legs broke the ice that imprisoned them. "You want to double the bet. Right, Dynamight? I love it..."