chapter five

Tyla's POV
I look at myself in the mirror one more time and go out of Ace's room.

"How do I look?," I ask her.

"You look good," she says then goes back to playing GTA. I sigh and sit down.

"Why do you care so much about your outfit nigga, you're going out with friends," she says looking at me again.

"I need to always look good, drip is forever," I shrug then go get myself a glass of water.

I sit down next to her and go on Instagram. That becomes boring then I go to Pinterest. Yeah this is the move.

"You wanna play?," Ace asks me.

"I don't know how to," I admit. She looks at me and puts her hand on her heart.

"How are we even best friends nigga," she says shook. I shrug.

I get a text from Nyla saying she's here.

"Okay bro I'm going," I say then give Ace a hug.

"You teddy bear," I say smiling.

"Stay safe and no sex," she says fixing my hat.

"I'll beat anyone up, on gang," I say.

"You live in the suburbs dumbass, you're not in a gang," she sighs.

"They can catch these suburban hands," I say.

"Nigga just go," she laughs. I walk out and close the door.

I walk to Nyla's car and see her putting on some lip gloss. Even though her lips are already as glossy as can be.

"Hey, you look good," I say closing the door. She looks at me and smiles.

"Thank you bro, you look fye,".

"As I should," we laugh and she drives off.

"Thuggin' in my Reeboks," JB sings when he gets in the car.

"Sup homos, I mean homies," he pauses then shrugs "same thing,". We left his house then went to Trey's and picked him up.

"Why didn't Ace come too?," he asks.

"She said she wanted a day to herself," I say and he hums "okay,".
..........

"AND NOBODY TOLD ME! THE ROAD WOULD BE EASAAYYY I CAN'T BELIEVE I MADE IT THIS FAR, MY WHOLE LIFE I'VE BEEN WORKING SO HARD!," JB sings at the top of his lungs breaking the windows in the process. He is so off key.

"JB please quieten down you are killing my ears," Trey says looking at himself in the mirror as he should.

"Nah Rod Wave hits too deep for me to be quiet," he says then lays on Trey's lap.

I look at Nyla and she looks at me, we peep the same thing.

"We're here," I say and get out of the car.

Trey stands next to me with his handbag and puts on his glasses.

"Time to get some dick," he says smiling.

"Whatchu say?," JB says standing behind him putting one arm around his waist.

"Nothing," Trey smiles then walks off to the food court.

I walk around with Nyla and we buy bags, jewelry, headbands you know, all of that jazz.

"Yo you gay?," this nigga says next to me.

"Yea," I say looking at his hat.

"You don't look gay," he says confused.

"You don't look straight," I say tilting my head.

"I can make you straight,".

"I think not nigga you don't got no titties I can suck and no pussy for me to eat, what you gonna do?,".

"I'm gonna fuck you," he says.

"Not a chance, I don't receive but I give, you got the right idea, but the wrong nigga. Shit can't you see that I'm dressed like you, nigga I look like you tf," I say.

"What about your friend next to you, what's your name ma?,".

"It's Nyla and no I don't think so nigga, please leave me alone,".

"Damn she..," he starts.

"She likes respectful people now goodbye," I say cutting the nigga off and walking away.

"These are times I wish I was gay or bi, niggas mindsets is just.... Wow," Nyla says fixing her hair as we walk.

"I'm not going to lie and say sexuality is a choice, but I'm saying that you can try being with a girl and see how that goes, nothing wrong with being curious," I say as we walk in the food court. We sit and order. She sighs.

"Where am I gonna find a girl to do that with?," she asks.

"I genuinely don't know bro try and look for her or tell the universe and you shall receive," I say.

"Yeah I think the universe idea works for me," she says and our food comes.

We dig in and I look to my left and see Trey looking very uncomfortable next to this guy talking to him and JB walks up to them. I look back at my food.

"They should just get together, those niggas," Nyla says sipping her drink.

"Yeah I agree but there's probably some things that we don't know so we'll let them be," I say now finishing my food. I go on my phone for a while as Nyla finishes her food. She takes her time when eating. I get a notification.

Unknown: GET OUT OF THERE NOW.

And we hear gunshots.

We start running and go even faster when we see the gunshots. Nyla and I made it to the car first. Trey almost fell and died a few times but he made it in one peace. JB jumps in and we speed off. My phone buzzes again.

Unknown: are you safe?

Tyla: Yes thank you.

Unknown: okay❤️

Tyla:❤️

Nigga don't ask me why I'm sending a random stranger a heart. Whoever that is saved my life. Nyla stops at her house and we go in exhausted. Nyla is shaking and gives me a hug.

"You're safe now," I say rubbing her back.

"Are you okay?," Trey asks JB.

"Yeah I'm good," he says then they talk to each other in the kitchen.

.........................................................

WHEW CHILE
Honest question, how's your mental health??

I would personally like to jump off a bridge 🙂.

Two rights don't make a wrong. It just go on and on. ✨

~D🖤✨