chapter sixteen

Tae's POV
Today's JB's birthday and they invited me to his party. I know at first they all wanted to kill me for what I did before, but I believe it's all in the past now.

Tyla's POV
"My name's Rae, and yours?," Trey's sister says to me. "Tyla," I say smiling. "It's lovely to meet you miss," she says reaching for my hand and I walk back 2 steps.

"Don't do that," I say then see that Tae was watching the whole thing. "I'll see you around," Rae says then goes to Nyla. Tae comes to me looking pissed but tries not to show it on her face.

"You okay baby?," she asks me holding my hand.

"Yeah I'm good,".

"Aight that's good," she says then looks at Rae for a long time.

"I don't like her," she says and I smile.

"Are you jealous baby?," I say playfully.

"Yeah and I saw what she was doing, I'm gonna let it slide though, enjoy the party okay?," she says kissing me.

"Are you leaving?," I ask feeling a bit sad.

"No but I'll be in the sidelines, there's a lot of people here and this is not really my setting you know, shout if you need me," she says and my heart smiles.

Yes I'm clingy, mind your business.

"Okay," I say then she goes back to the corner. I go put my gift for JB on the gift table which is packed and go to Trey.

"What are we cooking?," I ask him putting on an apron. He looks at me squinting. "Girl you're not cooking anything, we're almost done, just sit there and look pretty okay," he says.

"Mean ass nigga," I mumble and take off the apron. "I heard that," he says and I smile innocently. "Happy birthday JB," I say dapping him up. "Thank you fam," he says and goes to hug Trey.

"Trey, tell your sister to stop flirting with me and leave me alone, I don't like it," I say seriously and he nods. "I will," he says and I hum.

The food's ready and we all stand in a circle and hold hands. So much for social distancing you know.

"Lord we are gathered here today to thank you for giving us another day of life," the head chef says.

"Amen,"

"Bless the hands that made the food Lord,"

"It's about to be bussin,"

"Thank you for giving us this food to eat,"

"Facts,"

"In your name, amen,"

"Amen," we all say then dig in.

....

People dance around me and I look for Nyla.

"Hey friend," I say sitting next to her. She passes me her blunt and I shake my head,

"You know I don't girl,".

"Lame ass," she mumbles.

"I see you brought Bree," I say and she takes a few puffs of her blunt trying to hide her blush. She starts coughing and I laugh.

"You like her hmmm," I say wiggling my eyebrows.

"We're together now," she says smiling hard.

"Period girl," I say swiping my hand under my neck. She takes another drag. I take a sip of my juice that I got from the kitchen. This tastes really sweet and a little savoury, just like Tae. Speaking of her...

"Tae!," I barely shout and take another sip. Nyla excuses herself saying she's going to the bathroom. I go on my phone and feel someone standing behind me.

"You okay baby?," Tae says and I look up at her. "Yeah," I say smiling. "Why did you call for me?," she asks me checking my whole body. "Nothing I wanna eat you out," I say and she looks me in my eyes.

"Not here,"

"Why,"

"Because,"

"Because what?,"

"There's people here Tyla,"

"How will they know?," I say now smiling. She looks at my lips then my eyes a few times.

"I see what you're doing baby, it's not gonna work," she says then leaves.

I sigh, it was worth a try. I go to the mini bar and down a few shots. Nyla sits next to me and orders water.

"Just water," I say to her taking another shot.

"I'm high already," she says finishing her cup.

I nodded and took my last shot. This is my first time but no one has to know that. I watch this girl twerking on who I'm assuming is her girlfriend. I must admit, she's got an ass for days. My eyes drift through the crowd and lock eyes with Tae. I look back at the girl then at Tae and she smiles at me.

We peep the same thing.

I start seeing double and almost get a heart attack until I remember that I'm drunk. "How much did you drink?," Nyla asks me.

"Don't worry about it sweetheart," I say smiling slightly. We see a crowd forming around two people. I fall off my chair when they start shouting. Nyla and I walk to the crowd and I see Bree holding Rae by her shirt. Man she looks pissed.

Their conversation becomes more audible the closer we get.

"I was just playing," Rae says calmly.

"Nah nigga that's my girl, you don't play like that," Bree says in a way deeper voice.

"I low-key wish she'd slap her," Nyla says lowly and I laugh.

"Me too," I say and she looks at me.

"She's kind of annoying I swear, I don't want to bad mouth her because she's Trey's sister but damn this girl," she says rubbing her forehead.

"Agreed,".

Nyla goes to Bree and manages to get her off Rae. At this point she had pinned her to the floor and threw a few slaps in. Rae tried to fight back a few times but Bree had the upper hand. Nyla takes Bree to a quiet corner and tries to calm her down.

Tae comes to me and we go in the car waiting for Bree and Nyla.

Nyla's POV
"You don't understand bae, the things she said about you, while I was there, I just, man," Bree says pacing back and forth.

From what she's told me, it was a mix of jealousy and justified anger.

I hold her arm and she looks at me. "It's over now,". " I know, I just need you to understand," she says sitting on the bench now. "I do understand, she's disrespectful," I say rubbing my arm.

"For real?,".

"Yes baby," I say and she pulls me in for a hug. She pecks my lips and we go to the car and drive to my house.

.....................................................
"I fought through it all but that shii hurt me severely,"

IF YOU'RE NOT LISTENING TO TRAP WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH YOUR LIFE!!!!

Thoughts on Rae??

I think she's bad bad *shakes head*.

My exams aren't done but I am.

~D🖤✨