chapter twenty

Tyla's POV
I run and jump on Tae as soon as I find her in the midst of all these people at the airport.

"Baby I missed you," I say in her neck and she laughs then puts me down.

"I missed you too baby,"

"How was Jamaica?," I ask taking two of her bags and rolling them as we walk to the exit.

"So so, it was nice seeing my cousins again. As for my parents, yikes," she says and I nod also noticing that her accent is thicker.

We get to the car and I load her bags in. She sits in the passenger seat and I go to driver's side.

"And your grandmother?," I ask facing her.

She looks up at me then out of the windscreen.

"I miss her more than life," she says sighing then puts her head in her hands.

"Come here baby," I say pulling her in for a hug.

........
(A month later)

"So tell me how you guys met," I say to Rae on the phone while folding my jacket and putting it in my suitcase.

"I'm gone let Ace do that," she says.

"She was my sneaky link. Remember when I used to stay after basketball practice?," she says and I shake my head in disbelief.

"I thought those were one on one matches. You're so nasty, both of you," I say now closing my suitcase.

"Well in my defence, it was still one on one," Ace says and I shake my head laughing.

"That's a good point. Are you guys done packing?," I ask and they both shake their heads.

"We leave tomorrow you dumbasses," I sigh at them.

"We'll pack tonight," Ace says.

"Stupid ass," Rae says.

"Dumbass,"

"Weak ass,"

"Ugly ass,"

"Can't survive more than one round ass,"

"Can't ride for shit ass,"

"Okay goodbye," I say and exit the call leaving them to continue arguing in peace.

"Wake up baby," I say gently shaking Tae.

"What's the time?," she asks rubbing her eyes.

"3 in the afternoon," I say sitting next to her.

"Damn,"

"My strap game is good huh, put you to sleep," I say and she sighs.

"Man shut up,"

"I can do it again if you want me to," I say holding her chin and pulling her face closer to mine.

"Nah I'm good," she says and I chuckle.

(Next day, morning)

"You ready to go?," Tae asks me as I steal some of her hoodies.

"Yeah, can you do a checklist for me,"

"Okay, boxers?,"

"Yeah,"

"Bras?,"

"Yes ma'am,"

"Pads?,"

"Mhhm,"

"Soap, toothpaste and the likes?,"

"Yes,"

"Straps?,"

"Yes sir,"

"Okay we're good to go," she says grabbing a bag and going out the door.