chapter nine

Tyla's POV
"You've been happy these past few months, Tae doing you good hmm?,' Trey says washing a lady's hair.

"Yeah giving it to you real nice we see you," Nyla says braiding a guy's hair. JB just continued sweeping quietly. I smiled and looked at them.

"It's going good," I say blushing then looking away. Nyla and Trey look at each other then at me.

"What about you and JB, Trey?," I ask him and JB looks up at Trey.

"We good, his stubborn ass stay being loyal to niggas who don't deserve it but it's all good," JB says then finishes sweeping.

"And you Nyla," I say looking at her.

"I've been talking to this girl named Bree," she says smiling a little while concentrating on the hair she's braiding.

"You like her?," I ask and she stops for a minute.

"I'm starting to, we've went out a few times and it takes me a while to like people so I guess you could say I'm warming up to her," she says now done with the guy's hair.

The guy looks in the mirror and pays then leaves.

"Y'all want to go to my house for a sleepover?," Trey asks and we think about it for a while.

"Yeah of course, I just need to pack," I say and Nyla nods.

We wait for our last clients to come then we close up.

...............

Tyla: Hey baeee I'm gonna sleep over at Trey's house. Just letting you know in case you look for me.

Tae: Ayt ma let me know how it goes. Enjoy.

Tyla: Thank you I will 💞.

..........
(At Trey's house)

"What are you doing J?," Trey asks as JB takes out a meat hammer from the drawer.

"I'm beating the meat," he says and I hold in a laugh.

"What," Trey says looking at JB confused.

"Trey look, right here it says:
1. Check if meat has defrosted
2. If not, beat the meat until it is soft and tender.
3. Cook meat and enjoy," JB says pointing at the instructions and I'm wheezing.

Nyla chuckles and starts choking on water. I hit her back and she calms down then we laugh some more.

JB cooks while we talk about random things.

"Have you guys ever thought about your wedding day? If y'all want to get married that is," Trey says looking excited.

"I've always imagined mine being two days long, the first day I wear a big ass poofy white princess dress then the next day I rock a suit with some forces," I say smiling and Trey nods then we look at Nyla.

"I don't really want to but I guess I'd like the theme to be red," she says shrugging.

"Well I always dreamt of mine being GORGEOUS! My husband will be wearing white and I'll be in black. Wine for everyone. A band with the best music. Seafood mostly. A red carpet. You guys will just see," he says looking like he's daydreaming about it.

"And you JB?," I ask him and he turns to look at us.

"Whatever Trey wants," he says shrugging then going back to his pots. Trey blushes a bit then smiles afterwards.

"Let's go watch a movie while we wait," Nyla says then we go to the couch.

I see Tae calling me and I go to the bathroom to answer.

"Bae," she says sounding sad.

"Yeah," I say starting to feel worried.

"I miss you," she says and I roll my eyes.

"Tae did you call me just to tell me that, I thought something was wrong," I say sighing then smiling.

"But something is wrong bae, you're not here,"

"We can go to sleep on FaceTime if you want,"

"Okay, bye bae,"

"Bye," I say then end the call and go back to the lounge. She's so clingy but she won't admit it. I take my popcorn and sit next to Nyla. I see Trey sitting on the floor between JB's legs and JB is playing with his hair.

..........

The movie's over and now we're just sitting here bored.

"Y'all have any confessions," JB says after a while of comfortable silence.

"I wanna get railed," i say boldly. Everyone looks at me and JB nods. "Ayt," he says.

"I've stolen a strap before," Nyla says.

"Was that shit even clean bruh?," I ask looking at her confused.

"Why did you steal it in the first place?," Trey asks.

"I took it just to burn it, I was angry at this stud and i never really checked if it was clean," she says shrugging.

"Don't do that again, you don't know who's doing what with whom and who has STD's," I said shaking my head. "She didn't have STD's," Nyla says defending the stud.

"If she was having other hoes how do you know they didn't have it?," JB says looking at Nyla. "I guess I don't have a way of knowing," she says.

"Your confessions?," I say looking at Trey and he blushes.

"Don't get mad bae but I ate the last slice of cake...," he says and I chuckle a little.

"So it was you?," JB says looking at Trey.

"Yes I was just too hungry,". I blocked them out after JB started a fight with Trey just because he enjoys it.

I go to sleep and FaceTime Tae. I see her sitting next to another stud.

"Who's that?," I ask.

"This is my best friend, Bree," she says and I nod. We talk for a while until I dose off.

......................................................

"We gone ball regardless," 👌🏾

Soooooo my loves, if I don't update in a long ass minute it's because my mental health is BAD and a nigga got exams SOON.

When I do I'll give a BUNCH of updates. Okay? Okay.

~D🖤✨