chapter thirty two

Tyla's POV
Two weeks before
I rinse off my face mask and pat my face until it's not dripping water anymore. Then I let it air dry.

"I think I'm getting better, day by day," I say to Tae on the phone.

I went back to my place after I got shocked when she jumped on me. I decided to heal by myself and go back when I'm ready. She looked sad when I told her but she understood.

"That's great baby. You look beautiful," she says smiling at me.

"Thank you," I smile a little.

I take my other phone and order some roses and food for Tae. I know she hasn't eaten since the morning. She's being irritable, always the first sign.

".... and my cousin said he likes Trey and I told him to leave him alone because he's got a nigga. He didn't listen and now he has a cut, not even from JB but from Trey's other brother, Jerry. Now he's complaining again after I've told him not to," she continues telling her story.

"He's a dumbass,"

"Tell me about it," she says throwing her hands in the air.

She's started to tell me more about her family and they're dysfunctional to say the least.

"And this other nig-.. wait there's someone at the door," she says getting up from the couch.

"You're so sweet," she blushes when she sits back down, opening the bag of food.

"I'm just taking care of my girlfriend," I smirk at her and she shakes her head at me.

"I appreciate it," she says and I smile.

"You know what I like about you?,"

"All this," she answers pointing to her whole body.

"Your mindset, you kind of like take a few steps back before you move on to the next step in your journey and I like that,"

"If you keep on complimenting me it's gonna be a problem,"

"I'll solve it,"

"Can we talk about something, like face to face?,"

"Yeah, you can come over tomorrow," I answer and smile inside when the nerves on her face disappear.

Trey's POV
I put the plate down and look at JB.

"You're not serious," I say walking away.

"Wait, listen," he says walking behind me.

"I'm listening," I say turning to him.

"I'm sorry. I was hungry and your food looked good," he says holding my arms.

I exhale and look him in the eyes.

"If you were so hungry why didn't you order the same as me? I'm eating for 3 people I need a lot of food. You need to start considering that before 'you're sorry' because my food looked good,"

I take myself out of his arms and go outside with my bottle of water.

I sit on the grass and take a few deep breaths.

It might not be deep to the next person but he's been doing this since we started dating.

I've asked him to stop and he hasn't. I should've left then.

Woah, where did that come from?

I feel one of my babies kick and I lay my hand and they kick some more.

That makes me smile.

I think back to the thought I just had.

Am I that mad? Or did I really mean that?

I don't want to end things. I'm happy here. I'm just mad.

I look up at the stars and smile. I've always loved this view.

Now more than before because we moved on the outskirts. There's not many neighbours here. There's more land than buildings. Meaning less light pollution. Which means more stars.

I take a big gulp of my water, exhaling again.

"Baby,"

"What the fuck," I jump a little because I wasn't expecting him to be here.

"My bad," he says and puts his hands on my shoulders.

"Tell me what the problem is," he says giving me a massage.

"No, you tell me what the problem is. Why do you always eat my food?," I question looking up at him.

"It just tastes better, I swear,"

"Stop doing it please, it's been annoying me since we got together. I don't enjoy it," I say looking him in the eyes.

His eyes look down a little, but he agrees.

"Okay," he says and continues to massage my shoulders.

I'm glad we understand each other now.

........................................................

Just say you want food, it's not hard.