chapter thirty

Tyla's POV
I turn around and grab the arms of the person behind me with my heart racing. Removing them off my shoulders.

It's Tae.

I breathe.

"Don't do that," I say in a shaky voice.

I put my elbows on the counter feeling my heart beat speed up quickly.

Everything's spinning.

Tears are rolling down my face.

I'm losing my balance, my food is coming back up my throat.

I run through the passage, softly bumping into the walls until I get to the bathroom.

I vomit.

My hair is pulled back and out of my face.

I flush when I'm done as my body still heaves.

I rinse my mouth and sit on the floor, still crying.

"You're safe,"

I hear from a distance as I feel a pair of arms envelope me.

"You're safe baby," I hear again, it sounds closer this time, as I feel a kiss on my forehead.

My heart rate slows down as my breathing becomes more controlled.

My shoulders slump.

"I'm tired," I say as my eyes fight to stay open.

I close my eyes and let sleep take over.

Nyla's POV
I stare at my hands in Bree's.

"I feel like my needs aren't being met in our relationship," I say.

"It feels like when I ask for something, you just do it once and don't do it again. It's inconsistent,"

This is hard to say.

"You've been closed off lately and you're not open with me anymore and it makes me feel like I did something. And everything I'm giving you, I'm not getting back,"

My heart's beating in my chest.

"And if you don't want to be with me anymore just say it now so I know because I can't continue like this," I say now looking in her eyes.

Her eyes are wide.

She raises a brow at me in what I assume is confusion and pain.

"Nyla-," she starts still holding my hands.

"Firstly, I still wanna do this with you. I've been closed off because I'm dealing with a depressive episode right now and I felt like I couldn't speak about it because we were fighting a lot at the time'

It's been hard to give you affection and attention because I'm fighting my thoughts and it's draining to a point where I can't give off anything positive. You understand?," she says looking up at me.

"Yeah, I do," I say giving her a small smile, feeling relieved inside.

"And that girl that you thought I was talking to. That wasn't anyone like that. That was Tae," she says showing me her phone.

I threw that plate out of an assumption.

"I'm sorry for throwing that plate. My temper ran out and I just let it," I say looking at our hands then her eyes once again.

"Has your episode gotten better or is it worse?," I ask carefully. I don't know much about experiencing depression, I know it exists and it's real.

"Well-," she says looking at the floor and I kiss her forehead.

"Take your time," I say

"It was still setting in while we were fighting and it got worse when you were kidnapped. I just started thinking of the worst. And I was already in a negative headspace so it was easy to go that route. Now it's not as bad as when you were gone so it's the same,"

"You want to talk about what happened?," she asks me scooting closer to me.

"I was grabbed, in the store, blindfolded then thrown in the back of a truck, I think. I was with Tyla and we were both crying. The truck stopped and they took us out then in the building. There were a lot of stairs. We were put in a room and our blindfolds were taken off. There was a gunshot which didn't faze me but it made Tyla jump. I was put in another room and they just gave me food and water which was probably drugged.'

"I really think I had it easier than Tyla because she was shouting and screaming and I was just quiet the whole time. Then I was drugged and put to sleep, then I woke up in a hospital bed," I finish wiping a few tears.

"How do you feel now?," she asks handing me a tissue.

I wipe my eyes.

"I feel relieved to be back. I'm scared to go out again though, I feel like it might happen again,"  I shrug.

"Let's eat," she says standing up to go get some food.

"Wait, we need to talk about you," I say holding her arm.

"We'll talk about it after we eat," she says.

"But it's important. What you feel is important baby,"

She gives me a small smile.

"We'll talk about it, I promise," she says smiling down at me.

Tyla's POV

I wake up and see Tae next to me.

Sitting up, I rub my eyes.

That was draining.

"Baby, I'm sorry," Tae says holding my hand.

"I forgive you," I say lowly.

I can't say it's okay because it's not. She also didn't realise though, so it would be unfair to make her feel bad.

I put on her hoodie and pants and sit on the balcony with my legs crossed.

Tae stands next to me and I look uo at her.

"What do you need to help you feel better?," she asks me rubbing my hair.

"I just wanna sit by myself for a while," I say looking back at the scenery outside.

"Drink some water and call me when you need something okay?," she says and I nod.

She walks back to the lounge I assume then I see her outside smoking a fat blunt.

She's been stressed.

I watch the birds chirping and flying between the trees, instantly feeling myself getting more calm.

I love the serenity of nature.

After a while the sun started to set and I felt content.

............
Just do drugs bro it won't get better.