chapter twenty nine

Tyla's  POV
I open my eyes, rubbing them and lifting my body to sit up.

Tae walks in with a bag and a different set of clothes . She smiles at me.

"Do you feel better?," she asks setting the bag down and putting her hand on my back.

"Slightly. How long was I asleep?," I ask opening the bag.

"2 hours," she says

"I brought you some clothes and toiletries. I know you like being clean," she says while I open the bag.

"Thank you," I say throwing my slippers to the floor, pushing myself off the bed and putting them on.

I make my way to the small bathroom close to the entrance, entering and undressing myself.

I take out my loofah and body wash, stand under the shower and turn on the water. I let it run and start really washing myself. This feels so good.

I wash myself then dry myself when I'm out of the shower. I have to make do with the small space that is this bathroom.

I change into loose joggers and a baggy shirt then put my slippers back on.

I pack my stuff back into the bag and sit on the bed.

Opening the food that Tae warmed up I smile.

"Thank you," I say digging in.

"You don't have to thank me baby,"

"You wanna know what happened,"

"If you're ready to share," she says sitting up.

"I had given up and thought I'd die. I accepted that I possibly would, while still in the van and when we got there it was cold. They made me walk up so many stairs then put me and Nyla in one room. After some hours they took Nyla to another room and I was left alone,"

I inhale and exhale.

"You know I'm stubborn,"

"As fuck," she nods.

"I didn't want to eat or drink anything from them because they would drug me. Eventually I had to drink the water. Heard a gunshot. And Alexis came in telling me some crazy shit. I'm glad she's dead," I say taking a sip of my water.

"That's cold,"

"You killed her,"

She leans back in her seat.

"Yeah, I had to. I don't feel anything really, but you? You're a sweetheart. You like people. That's why it's cold,"

"Fair," I nod slowly.

"Then I walked around the small room and looked out of the window. And I realised I had my phone, it was too late because that's when she came in and drugged me with codeine," I say and take another bite.

"You woke me up and now we're here," I say with a little shrug.

"Why do say that like it's not serious?,"

"That's how I deal with trauma," I shrug.

She shakes her head to herself and looks at the door as we hear a knock.

"Enter,"

Trey walks in with some flowers and a teddy bear.

"Hey daughter," he says to me giving me a hug.

"Mom," I say smiling in the embrace.

"How do you feel?,"

"I feel okay,"

He nods and him and Tae greet each other.

He says his goodbyes and leaves.

"I wanna go home," I say getting off the bed and taking my bag.

"Let's go," she looks around checking if anything was left.

.....
In dzee car

Trey's POV
After leaving her room with relief that Tyla's okay I go to my  gynae  for my checkup.

I lay on the bed as she rubs cold gel on my belly.

I FaceTime JB.

"Have you been having heartburn lately?," she asks me.

"No, why?. Was I supposed to?," I ask feeling my heart rate increase.

"Calm down love, everything's fine. One of your babies have started growing hair already, that's why I'm asking," she says rubbing my arm.

My heart rate goes back to normal.

"Okay," I exhale.

She takes my blood pressure, asks about my diet and different kinds of pains. We're finished in an hour and I leave the room and head down to my car. I get in and drive off.

"My bad I couldn't be there baby," JB says in a low tone.

"I'm not mad. I understand. What time will you be back?," I ask taking a left turn.

"Midnight," he says in the same tone.

"Okay see you then baby," I say and he waves at me then ends the call as I arrive at the grocery store.

Stepping out of my car, locking it I walk into the store and grab a trolley and some items, ticking them off my list.

Making a turn to go to the next aisle someone grabs my attention.

"Trey?," he says raising his brow at me.

"Quin?," I question. When the fuck did he get realeased.

When did he get out?

I exhale, calming my nerves as he steps closer to me.

"Can we talk?," he asks bouncing on the heels of his feet.

"No, I have to go," I say walking down the aisle in a quick pace.

I send Rae a text

He's out

She responds a minute after.

You safe?

Yeah

I respond and put my phone back in my pocket. I pick some more items of my list.

"Here me out Trey," Quin says standing a meter away from me.

I look at him letting him continue.

"I know I fucked up. I'm sorry. I don't want to get back together or anything like that. I just want to know where my kids are," he says and my heart rate races again.

"There's no kids," I say.

"Why the fuck would you do that without letting me know?," he asks with his eyebrows knit together.

"You nutted in me without letting me know,"

He looks between me and the floor a few times. He's angry and hurt. He looks confused too.

In this moment I feel bad, but, I did what was best for me and I don't regret it.

"That hurts, a lot," he mumbles to himself.

I remain quiet to see his next move. He might start throwing things at me, anything sharp probably. Or use his hands.

"Bye," he says and I continue buying more items.

I go to the till and pay for my items.