chapter forty one

Tyla's POV
.
I hold eye contact and exhale.

"One of your family members is my therapist and I didn't who it was. I know your relationship with your family isn't that great so I didn't tell you because I was scared of your reaction. I'm sorry for not telling you sooner," I confess.

"That's not even that serious my love. I appreciate your apology but you don't have to. It's okay," she responds and I feel relief wash over me.

She starts the car and we go back home.

Trey's POV

I lie with JB under the gazebo with our babies lying on us.

They're now six months old.

Time is moving slow and I couldn't be happier.

Jayla wakes up and lifts his head. I look up at him and he smiles at me.

"Good morning love," I say now sitting up and laying him in my arms.

He looks at nothing and blinks continuously.

He signals that he wants to sit and I sit him on my lap.

He starts crying and I hold him against my chest, I get up. I pat his back softly while walking around the garden.

He stops crying and lays his head on my shoulder.

I lift him off gently and see that he's still awake.

He is eating his finger and his whole hand is wet.

I go back to the gazebo and take out his bottle.

I feed it to him and he holds my finger with the tightest grip I've felt in my life.

He finishes the bottle and I put him up against my chest again to burp him.

I rock him while gently patting his back.

He burps and I smile.

"Good job love," I say kissing him on the forehead.

He smiles at me and my heart warms up.

I sit him on my lap, his back on my stomach and my hands on his little tummy to keep him secure.

I indulge in this moment and smile.

"Mmm," he mumbles then puts his hands on mine.

I hand him a teething toy and he puts it in his mouth and bites continuously.

He swings his toy around.

"Mm mm mhmm," he sings.

He gets off my lap and crawls to JB where Kayla is laying on his stomach.

He raised his hand to smack Kayla on her back.

"Jayla, no," I say lifting him up.

He yelps and throws his toy and I walk to the garden again.

Rae rings the doorbell and I walk back the house.

When I get to the backyard door, I put him down so he can follow me while crawling.

I walk a few steps in front of him.

He cries and I encourage him to crawl to me.

"Come my love," I say clapping my hands.

He crawls quickly to me and I lift him up.

I throw him up and shake him, making him laugh.

I open the door and see Rae.

"Look who's here," I say to Jayla and he signals to go to her.

"Hello twin," she says and he smiles, letting out a giggle.

"Hello twin," she says hugging me.

"Hello, how are you?,"

"I'm great. You good? Need anything?," she asks as Jayla lays his head on her shoulder.

"Not right now, thank you. I appreciate it," I say walking back outside with her behind me.

"Anytime," she responds.

Kayla and JB are awake now and she's crawling around on the mat.

JB is laying on his side, watching her play. She picks up a toy and crawls to give it to him.

"Thank you K," he says and she takes the toy back.

He lays in a sleeping position and she lies on his stomach.

I get to the mat and Kayla notices me, then Rae.

She crawls with excitement and Rae picks her up as well.

"Hello twin," she says to her as well.

"Okay, Jayla and Kayla. Your parents gone be away for two days and I'm gonna stay with y'all. Say bye bye," she says making them wave.

"Everything is in the kitchen and the rooms. I made you food for the days we're gone. They usually sleep at 7pm and wake up at 6 in the morning. Check diapers every four hours or so. Two containers of milk and 20 clean bottles. The clothes are set out in their room, change them according to the weather. There's more and it's on a note in the kitchen. Take care and thank you so much," I say, kissing both my kids.

Rae put them down in the middle of my instructions and they sat there calmly.

I get up and walk in the house after JB without Jayla and Kayla seeing us.

"I'm gonna miss them I won't lie,"

"That's inevitable. You just need some rest," JB says putting his arm around my shoulders.

"Are you content?," I ask him.

"With?,"

"Everything,"

"I've never been happier. I now have three people I'm blessed with. Nothing could ever overcome that,"

"I'm glad,"

"Are you happy?,"

"Of course. I feel powerful, I made life. I'm amazing you know,"

"I do,"

We take our one bag to the cab, get in and get  driven to the hotel.