chapter nineteen

Not edited

Tyla's POV
"I've been talking to someone," Ace says to me mixing her dough.

"Really now?," I say smiling and wiggling my eyebrows.

"Yeah," she says blushing then starts putting the mixture in the cupcake tray.

"What's her name?," I ask.

"Rae," she says and I look up at her surprised. She doesn't mean the one who was at the party, does she?.

"Rae who?," I ask her watching her put the tray in the oven.

"The one who hoops," she says now seeing me looking at her bewildered. "You already don't like her?," she asks me sitting next to me.

"Well yeah. I've met her before and she was just disrespectful," I say and she looks at the floor.

"How was she disrespectful?," she asks faintly.

"She flirted with me knowing I belong to someone and the same with Nyla. I'm not telling you what to do with her but I don't want you to get hurt from her flirting or possibly cheating on you. You feel me?," I confess and she looks up at me.

"Yeah I feel you. I appreciate it but I'm gonna talk to her and see how it goes," she says going to check on her muffins.

"I support your decision bro," I say looking at my phone. I'm about to switch it off Tae texts me.

Tae: Hey mamas

Tyla: Hey baby, how're you feeling?

Tae: Like shit. They buried her today, that broke my heart.

Tyla: I'm sorry bae, wanna FaceTime?

Tae: Maybe later, I'm gonna take a nap now.

Tyla: When are you flying back?

Tae: In 3-4 days probably

Tyla: Okay baby and eat something okay.

Tae: I will mama.

I sigh and put my phone down. "You good?," Ace asks me putting another tray in the oven. She needs to teach me how to bake because these smell good as hell.

"Yeah I'm just worried about Tae," I sigh looking at her muffins. "You can take one," she says and I grab one smiling faintly.

"She'll be okay," Ace reassures me  and I smile at her. "Thank you,"

....

Trey's POV
"Nah Rae you knew what you were doing," I sigh looking my sister in her eyes.

"I know I messed up. I just wanna apologize to them, especially Bree," she says rubbing the back of her neck.

"I'm not gonna help you, do as you please," I say going back to cleaning the kitchen.

"Don't be like that bro, you mad?," she says following behind me then sitting on the barstool.

"I should be but I'm tired. I can't lose my friends because of your hoe tendencies, take it somewhere else," I say sighing then looking at her.

"My bad bro. I'll do better," she says then walks out of the kitchen. I hear her close the front door softly and sigh.

I look for JB and find him working out. I watch him enjoying the show that he's unconsciously giving me.

I decide to stop thinking of him railing me in my mind and go to the kitchen and make some food.

Once three of my pots are sizzling and a delicious smell fills the room I put on some music.

I reach up to the top of the cupboard to get some biscuits but I can't reach them. Fuck my height. I reach for them again and feel arms wrap around my waist.

"Whatchu looking for baby?,"

"The biscuits," I say and he hands them to me.

"You needa ask next time, I don't want you falling okay?," he says looking down at me and I nod.

He lifts me up and puts me on the counter.

"Tell me, what's wrong?," he asks me hugging my waist.

"Rae and my mom, work, college on the side, my other job. Everything," I sigh looking up at him.

"You need a break?,"

"Yeah,"

"I'm gonna make that happen for you," he says kissing me.

"Thank you baby," I say and he pulls me in. He puts his tongue in my mouth and I moan. I pull away remembering the food but he pulls me back in.

"I have to get back to the food," I say getting out of his grip.

JB's POV
Leaving Trey to continue cooking I hit up Tyla.

"Yo,"

"Hello JB,"

"You wanna go on like a triple date baecation?," I ask taking my hoodie to give to Trey.

"Yeah, where will we go?,"

"I'll send you the details. Just be free for a week,"

"Alright I'll let Tae know," she says sounding like she's eating.

"Tell Bree and Nyla too,"

"Will do," she says and I end the call.

......................................................

Ik ik ik

You ever noticed that homophobia is worse for masculine people?

Like studxstud or a masculine guy with another masculine guy.

People would question that but if it's a feminine person with another one, everyone is 'cool' with it.

The hate they get is weird.

~D🖤✨