Chapter 1

As rain trickled down from rooftops, the (h/c)-haired girl walked to her new school, avoiding any puddles that could potentially dampen her socks. While she made her way across one of the streets, she glanced towards a boy with dark hair and oddly straightened bangs. Impatiently, he tapped his foot against the concrete sidewalk, eyeing his phone with a look of frustration. When she took a closer look, she could see him wearing a white blazer accompanied by a purple tie and purple pants. 

Walking up to him, (Y/n) lightly tapping his shoulder, catching him off guard in the process. 

"Hello, Mister, you s-seem to be wearing the same uniform as me. W-would you by chance be going to Shiratorizawa?" she asked shyly, not knowing how the already frustrated boy would react to her presence. "Y-you, don't have to answer, I can just go if you like," she added. 

"Oh, no! It's fine! I do attend Shiratorizawa though. I'm just waiting for a friend of mine, he's kind of angry that I sent him the wrong location for us to meet up, but I've already told him that it was an accident," he rubbed his nape. Continuing, he added: "I can help walk you there if you want, I'd rather you not walk by yourself," he admitted, letting pink dust grace his cheeks. 

"That would be amazing! Thank you so much! I'm (L/n) (Y/n) by the way," (Y/n) smiled, causing the dark-haired boy to blush even harder. 

"I'm Goshiki Tsutomu and the person you'll meet pretty soon's name is Semi Eita." 

"It's nice to meet you, Goshiki!"

As the two waited for the arrival of Semi, they chatted about school and the different clubs (Y/n) could join. The volleyball team was the one Goshiki would not stop talking about. He spoke with such a passion the (h/c)-haired girl could almost see the fire behind his dark iris'. This hinted that he participated in the sport himself. 

"You should join as our manager! I'm confident that the team would enjoy having you around-" he stated before having a rough hand slap against the top of his head. 

"I'm sorry, Miss. Is he bothering you?" a boy with grey hair and dark tips inquired. 

"No, no, he wasn't at all. In fact, he was helping me. Umm, Semi, was it?" the girl answered, posing a question in the process. 

"Yes... how did you know...?"

"Goshiki told me! I'm (L/n) (Y/n), by the way," the girl squeaked as fast as she could. She could not imagine how odd it would have seemed if a stranger could address him by his name. After (Y/n) explained how she met up with Goshiki, she told Semi how he offered to walk her to school. When Semi heard this, he shrugged and nodded. Agreeing that (Y/n) could accompany the two teammates to school. 

When the three began their stroll, ambling towards the school, Semi and Goshiki became entranced with the idea of having a female manager. Although Semi didn't show it, he secretly wished coach Washijo would let the new girl become their manager. For the short period of time, the two boys have got to know her, she has been nothing but sweet and considerate towards them. 

As their walk progressed, (Y/n) agreed to join as their manager only if she was able to meet the rest of their team and got the approval of their coach. She wanted to be accepted by all of them before barging in as a new member. She knew better than to involve herself in things she did not belong in so she thought she might be invading their "boy time" as she would put it. 

"We're here!" Goshiki beamed, grabbing the girl by the hand and hastily rushing inside as Semi yelled at him for being such a troublesome boy. 

As the two ran through the hallways, Goshiki slowed down momentarily before turning to (Y/n). 

"I don't believe I ever asked you which class you're supposed to attend," he averted his gaze sheepishly. 

"Oh, it's fine. I'm in class 3-A," (Y/n) answered, smiling at the dark-haired boy.

"W-wait, you're a third-year?! I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have treated an upper-classman with such disrespect! My apologies!" he bowed, releasing the girl from his previous grip. 

"It's fine! Please, no need to get so worked up over it," she reassured. 

Looking at the girl with eyes of uncertainty, he sighed before apologizing one last time and showed her the way to her classroom. 

On the way there, he explains how she would most likely meet a few of the third years from the volleyball team. Although she could not remember everyone exactly, one name stood out to her the most for Goshiki would not stop talking about him. Ushijima Wakatoshi. He kept going on and on about how one day he would surpass him and become the greatest ace of Shiratorizawa which only made (Y/n) laugh and silently cheer him on. 

When they reached (Y/n)'s homeroom class, she thanked Goshiki before waving goodbye and entering. 

As she took her first step in, she was greeted by a rather noisy classroom that consisted of mostly giggles and loud chatter. Looking around, she viewed each desk and spotted one with a chair neatly tucked in with a few textbooks resting on top. When she sauntered over, she picked up a little slip of paper that read: (L/n) (Y/n). 

Sighing happily to herself, she placed all of the textbooks in her bag and took out all of her essentials before resting her bag close to her feet. As she got prepared for her first day of school, students began piling into the classroom, giving her a sort of nervous feeling before reassuring herself everything would be okay. 

"Good morning, class. I hope that you've come to see that we have an additional student. Her name is (L/n) (Y/n) and she was born in Canada. There will be new things for her to learn here so I trust you all stay mindful of what you do around her," the teacher spoke, with a monotone voice. 

Standing up, (Y/n) bowed, looking to the class before smiling and saying: "It's a pleasure meeting you all."