Chapter 12

Staring wide-eyed at the boy, (Y/n) did not know what to think. She thought that she must have misheard him or misinterpreted what he had said. To be completely frank, (Y/n) did not know if Tendou was trying to cause her any harm even with last night's actions freshly engraved into her mind.

Backing away with her arms behind her, she cautiously got up, not knowing what to expect from the boy.

"C-could you repeat that?" she asked, wanting to know if she had heard him correctly.

"Scream," Tendou repeated, this time realizing that he had obviously frightened the girl.

When everything clicked in his mind, his arms shot out as he waved them around as he apologized for his action. "Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry! I just got so caught up with what I planned, I- Never mind, I'm just really, really sorry!"

With a heavy sigh, (Y/n) thanked whatever God that had saved her. She knew better than to have trust issues, especially with someone like Tendou, but she could not help herself. She truly believed that there were people who would do so much as to hurt others, and for some strange reason, she thought that the person which she had met only a few days ago, the person who was nice enough to follow her around and guide her, and the person who had comforted her had her worst, was going to backstab her. Her lack of understanding of the term "friend" would likely play a part in this as in most of the books she read, the majority of the conflict was introduced when a close associate of the protagonist turned rogue.

"Ah, that's alright! You just scared me is all, it's no big deal," (Y/n) brushed it off, not wanting her friend to worry too much about what he had done.

"But it's not okay-!"

"Please, let's not do this again," (Y/n) pleaded.

"Alright... Fine," begrudgingly agreeing, Tendou nodded. "The reason as to why I brought you here was to allow you to lose some steam. As we both know, the feelings you have are currently too much for you to handle, so, by doing this, I hope to be able to release all of the negative emotions in which you are currently bearing. So I thought if you yelled, that would be a way to release all of your frustration," he elaborated.

"Oh, um... Okay then."

Standing towards the edge of the hill, (Y/n) stood as straight as a plank, not wanting to seem as though she was going to go insane in front of the red-haired boy. Cupping her hands around her mouth, she let out a yell. It was evident that she had not tried when trying to attempt this as her performance was poor.

Tutting, Tendou shook his head. Making his way towards the opposite side of the hill so as to not hurt (Y/n)'s ears, he too cupped his hands around his mouth, however, unlike the last time, he yelled vociferously.

Initially, (Y/n) did not understand what he was trying to put forth when he made this action, but when he turned around and voiced, "see?", that's when she understood what he had meant.

Turning back towards where she had previously faced, she yelled as loudly as she could, trying her best to copy the other boy's movements. When her sonance broke out, she felt a sense of relief when she had finished. Though she was panting as a result of releasing all of her breath, she could feel as though all of her previous frustration was seeping out, leaving her with the feeling of solace.

"See? That's the feeling I want you to experience! Let go of all of the negative and bring in all of the positive!"

Continuing to let everything out, Tendou decided to join in soon after.

As the two of them continued their little session, their panting had increased as a result of all of which they were doing. With them now standing back-to-back, they collapsed onto the ground, both smiling. When the two of them moved their heads to face each other, they burst out into a fit of laughter. There had been nothing funny any of them had done, but for some odd reason, with all of the butterflies that flew within their stomachs, they laughed regardless.

Calming down, the duo's chest heaved as the two remained in their giggling mess. Staring back into each other's eyes, none of them cared for how much of a disarray either of them looked. With her eyes now focused on him as he stared back, she now realized how fond she had grown of the boy. Even though their meeting was sudden, she could not help but let her teenage feelings get the best of her. No one in her entire life has helped (Y/n) the way Tendou did so it was obvious she would have grown some sort of attraction towards the new person in her life. In addition, with all of her memories of him playing as a compilation in her mind, she knew she would be able to trust him from now on.

If life could just tell her how the other male felt, maybe it would have brought an even newer feeling for the girl. From the moment he saw how she interacted with others, he knew that she was different. Just the mere thought of her made his heart sore. Though his feelings were more tamed than most who had fallen in love, he knew he could not just throw himself into a committed relationship without fully knowing his current interest.

The both of them knew they had grown closer than most friends were comfortable with and embraced it. This new feeling filled the two of them with exhilaration and they could not help but want to sink deeper into it. Even though it may have seemed as though the two of them were being forced into something new, they could not care.

Bringing (Y/n) into his lap with her chest facing his, Tendou held her gently, combing his hands through her hair as she gently caressed his back in response. Not wanting their warmth to escape as the wind blew past them, they hugged each other closer than before, getting rid of the gap that separated the two of them.

"Tendou," she called out.

"Yes?" he replied.

"I appreciated this."