Chapter 23

When Tendou and (Y/n)'s relationship first began, things were nice. The two of them would constantly be holding hands and would just enjoy the time they spent together. However, the biggest differences in what they had started doing were the more intimate touches. Tendou loved the feeling of the girl's skin, so when he was looking for something to brighten his day, he would go behind (Y/n) and hug her, slipping his hands under her shirt as he did so. It did not bother him when the two of them were in public since Tendou enjoyed showing (Y/n) off, because he knew full well most would have been jealous to have seen any guy with (Y/n), much less someone like Tendou.

When the couple decided to first announce their relationship to the team, the majority of them would congratulate them while most shrugged it off, not knowing if their relationship would not last as they believed Tendou to be someone who just enjoyed the attention or the thought of having someone with him. Despite thinking this, after they had seen the two out-and-about, their mindset slowly began changing.

The last person to have known about their relationship was (Y/n)'s grandfather. In the beginning, she was conflicted to have told him as she did not know if he would have accepted Tendou. However, when he had heard the news, to (Y/n)'s surprise he had been overjoyed. Every weekend when the two of them would meet up at the hospital, he would always compliment them, telling them how cute the two of them looked together. In the beginning, he adored Tendou, not because he was one of (Y/n)'s only friends, but because Tendou was a very buoyant male. (Y/n)'s grandfather loved the way he would so easily be able to cheer (Y/n) up, so he was thrilled when he heard they had gotten together.

During the beginning of the two's relationship, things started off rocky. Both of them were very inexperienced and did not know what to do half of the time. They would usually spend their extra time doing the things they would do before their relationship started; for example, they would regularly go to the hill Tendou had shown her and spend their time there, with the only difference this time being that they had grown closer so they were more comfortable with each other.

As a result of exams rolling in, Tendou and (Y/n) decided it would be nice if they took a break from homework and studying. They determined that if they could take a walk in one of the many hiking trails Miyagi had to offer, they would be able to clear their mind of all the worry and stress that came with the importance of grades.

With their fingers intertwined, (Y/n) and Tendou trolled through the small path in search of a secluded area that would be best suited for a picnic. With a basket in the girl's free hand, Tendou held onto a bag that held a blanket, forks, and plates.

When Tendou spotted a big tree in a shaded area, they began making their way to it. Setting the blanket down and placing down all of the cutlery and plates.

"Why did you bring those?" (Y/n) asked, opening the basket filled with food that was not supposed to be eaten with utensils.

Looking at it, Tendou's face deadpanned.

"Whoops," he replied, sticking his tongue out and looking away.

Giggling, (Y/n) handed him a sandwich and onigiri. She did not trust herself enough to make anything other than those two foods as, A, she might not make the food properly, and B, she might spill it everywhere as a result of her not having proper tableware.

As the two ate the food (Y/n) had made, they indulged themselves in light chatter.

"So... What do you want to do once we graduate? Or is there some sort of dream you've wanted to make a reality?" Tendou asked, taking another bite of the sandwich.

"Oh. I guess I've always wanted to go to France," the girl replied, taking a strand of her hair and twirling it with her finger.

"That's kind of random. I mean, the only reason why I could see myself going there is because of the chocolate. I've heard it's good," Tendou mumbled, a finger to his chin.

"Oh, it's not all that random, I mean, I do know a lot about it. For example, since I was born in Quebec, I could be considered francophone since French is my second language. However, I then moved to Ontario where I then attended a French immersion school. Ah! That was so hard! They made us learn math in French all the way until grade 4, then we'd learn geography, health, history, and science until grade 8 as well! My tiny brain couldn't keep up with everything," (Y/n) whined, looking back at her memories. "With that being said, I do know a lot about France, my mom used to teach me all sorts of things ranging from its history to its culture," (Y/n) elaborated, sighing to herself.

"Whoa- Why is this the first time I'm hearing about this? And to think I thought I knew everything about you," Tendou pouted.

"Whoops, I guess that just slipped my mind," (Y/n) rubbed her nape.

"That dream of yours is pretty cool though," Tendou stated before a certain realization hit him. "Wait! You said you knew French, right?! French is like the sexiest language I've heard, could you by chance just randomly say stuff? It just sounds so romantic~ You don't have to do it now though, I meant in the future."

Looking down, a blush crept onto (Y/n)'s face.

"Ah, alright," she whispered, tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear.

Watching her little action, Tendou stared at her in adoration, not understanding how he had gotten so blessed with having the privilege to call (Y/n) his own. The boy could not express how much he loved and cared for her, so until the time came, he would continue to spoil her as much as he could, even if (Y/n) was reluctant to accept it.

"Hey, (Y/n), if I asked to join you if you ever left to go to France, would you let me come with you?"

"Yes. In a heartbeat."