Chapter 9

With (Y/n)'s breath mixed with her hiccups, she tried her best to calm herself down. Standing up, she steadied herself by holding onto Tendou's shoulders. As she wobbled over towards her sink, (Y/n) turned the knob and began washing her face in cold water in an attempt to try to reduce her swelling eyes. Biting her bottom lip as she did so, Tendou walked up behind her, gently rubbing the lower part of her back. 

Turning the knob to stop the sink, she ripped herself a paper towel and wiped her dripping face, quickly turning around to face Tendou once more. As she fiddled in her spot, he grabbed her hands in his before embracing, her calmly shushing her. 

"Take deep breaths. If you're worried about whether or not I'm going to judge the way you look right now, rest assured that I won't. Just focus on letting it all out," he told her, knowing he was not going to get an answer back. 

For some odd reason, Tendou could feel as though what was going on was natural. Though the girl in his arms was sobbing, he took no judgement toward her. He figured it was just something he wanted; someone to calmly rub his back as he cried to them. Although he constantly seemed unaware, he knew what other people thought of him and for that reason, he knew how (Y/n) must have felt. To want to just shout and let out all of your energy, all of your frustration, to just do anything to get rid of what's bottled up inside. 

Although (Y/n) wanted to stop, she could not help herself. With someone in front of her telling her it was okay to cry and to release all of which has been contained for so long, she could not help herself, for just this one moment, she would be greedy and let herself be consumed by her emotion.

Taking shorter breaths, (Y/n) felt her chest heave less than it had before. With the arms that were previously tightened around Tendou's neck beginning to relax, she melted into the boy's embrace.

As her crying died down, the only thing that could be heard was (Y/n)'s sniffling, and even then, she had quieted down to a point where even that was scarcely audible. With her head now lying peacefully in the crook of Tendou's neck, (Y/n) shut her eyes, taking moderate breaths. 

"Thank you, Tendou, for bearing with me. It means a lot," she looked up at him with puffy eyes and a pink-tinted nose. 

"Hey, it's no problem, you really shouldn't think about it too much," he repeated. No matter how many times it was going to take for her to realize that what she was doing was completely fine, he was going to repeat himself. 

Looking at one of (Y/n)'s analog clocks, he gazed back down at her half-lidded eyes. 

"You should get to bed," he whispered, brushing part of her hair out of her face. 

"What about dinner? Also, I need to brush my teeth and take a shower."

"Worry about dinner later, you can brush your teeth but you didn't really do much today. You don't need to take a shower, I mean, to me you smell perfectly fine," he tried to uplift her spirit. 

"Oh... Alright then," was all (Y/n) said in response. 

Getting up, (Y/n) grabbed Tendou by the hand and led him to her bathroom where she then gave him a new toothbrush and her toothpaste. As they brushed their teeth together, (Y/n) looked at herself through the mirror. Her hair was dishevelled and her face was red. It made her wonder how Tendou was even able to smile at something as pathetic as the way she looked now. Throughout the entirety of the evening, Tendou had been nothing but encouraging to (Y/n) even after having endured her yelling and crying. She had honestly felt bad for what she had done, as when she believed it would be the perfect time to reimburse her friend, she ended up having to postpone that date for some time else. 

Having a hand pat her shoulder, (Y/n) looked at Tendou through the mirror. He wore this goofy grin as he held the toothbrush in his mouth. She had no idea how he was doing what he was doing. Somehow, without uttering a single word, he was able to make all of (Y/n)'s worries disappear, though it did not happen within an instant, he was still able to do what he was doing regardless. 

When the two of them finished up, (Y/n) led him towards her bedroom, turning off all of the lights from the rooms in which she was not going to go after she went to her bed. Patiently waiting at the door as (Y/n) sat on her bed, Tendou crossed his arms, watching as she fidgeted with her fingers before speaking up. 

"I-I don't want you sleeping outside of my room. Would it be alright for you to share a bed with me? I just don't think it'll be comfortable for both you and me as the couch isn't the ideal spot to sleep and I don't want to be left alone right now," she said, looking at him and awaiting his answer. 

With now only the lamp on in her bedroom, (Y/n) pressed her lips into a thin line. 

"Sure, whatever makes you happy~" he answered, propping himself on the opposite side of the bed. 

As the two got under the blankets, (Y/n) turned off her lamp, shifting towards Tendou in the bed. 

Peacefully lying her head down onto the pillow, she looked towards the boy whose eyes were closed. Now with the moonlight peeking through her blinds, she too let herself shut her eyes before feeling hands grab her by the waist and pull her closer. 

"Don't worry, I won't go anywhere without your knowledge," Tendou spoke out of the blue. 

At first, he had been hesitant on whether or not this was the correct action to make, but when he felt (Y/n) reciprocate his movement, his worries were pushed aside. 

"Thank you. Good night, Tendou." 

"Night-night, (Y/n)-chan."