💚 Satan x Reader - Your Smile 💚

A/N: Here's a sort of angsty and fluffy oneshot for those days when you can't seem to smile. This hits close to home.

Summary: Reader struggles to smile out of true happiness. Always stretching themselves thin to please others and never taking the time to care for themselves. Satan observes how this affects reader and wants to help.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Y/N stared into the mirror gripping onto the sides of the sink. Practicing a smile for the billionth time. They studied their reflection as they smiled. Their muscles weren't used to this and so their smile grew shaky. Unable to hold a smile for long, they relaxed their muscles back into a frown. 

Sure they could grin and laugh just like everybody else, but to hold a true and genuine smile wasn't easy. It was becoming harder and harder to put on the façade of being happy. Being an empath didn't help either. They had the ability to read others' emotions and would act according to what they thought was best. Y/N always put others before themselves. Taking great care to make sure others were happy. They were quick to help others with any of their problems, yet they couldn't help themselves.

Sometimes, Y/N would think maybe they shouldn't be so giving, so ready to please, but they always fail to change this behavior. They couldn't help it. Y/N loved being able to make things easier for others. They would stretch themselves so thin for so little and mostly nothing in return. 

Sighing, Y/N turned on the tap and splashed their face with cool water. Closing their eyes and just taking a moment to breathe. Then, dabbing their face dry with a soft towel. 

Looking back into the mirror, they studied their tired appearance. The person staring back at them seemed to be depleted of all energy.  

God, I'm a mess. 

Grabbing some concealer, they carefully dabbed it onto their skin. Layering a generous amount to give off a fresher appearance. 

Asmo would be proud. 

Nodding to themselves, they walked out of the bathroom and got ready for the school day. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The bell rung and everyone rushed out of the classroom. 

Y/N walked out into the chaotic hallway holding onto their binder and textbooks. Wanting some space, they decided they would haunt the library so they could sulk in peace and away from the seven brothers.

This would give them the opportunity to take a breather and a much needed mental break. 

Y/N made sure none of the brothers saw them and rushed into the library. Once they stepped inside, they were welcomed by the comforting smell of books. There truly was nothing quite like it. Observing the library, Y/N was happy to know it was mostly empty. Save for the one demon studying at a long table a distance away.

As long as they avoided each other, it'd be perfect.  

Y/N began browsing the very tall shelves that reached floor to ceiling. Once they got behind the shelves it was like following a maze. Everything in sight was just books and shelves. This was Y/N's sanctuary. The library provided an escape from other people and the outside world. Most importantly, their problems. Here they didn't need to think about much, just get lost in a good story.