👥 Scenario - When Anxious MC is Summoned For Jury Duty | 2K Special! 5 of 12 👥

A/N: This is probably the weirdest scenario you have ever read lmao. I'm sorry though, I just had to make this one an actual scenario because I am personally freaking out about it, so if I get this off my mind temporarily I think I'll be a bit better. I mean, I skipped going to high school physically and went online instead, I skipped my graduation ceremony, and I'm in college online. My disorder is kind of out of control.

Hopefully this is a good read...I apologize for it being a weird one. I'm honestly second guessing posting it, but I'll let you decide.

Summary: Anxious MC is summoned for jury duty. Duh Duh Duuuuhhhhhh! They attempt to be excused and struggle to obtain their medical records on time. 

I hate myself right now. -_-

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You were thankful that Lord Diavolo had a way of retrieving your letters from the human world and had it delivered to the House of Lamentation for you. Lucifer made sure you had your very own designated spot for receiving your mail. You were impressed by the speedy delivery and it allowed you to sort out your affairs away from home.

However, one day as you went through your mailbox, you saw one envelope that read:

Official - Jury Summons

You felt yourself immediately panic. Your E/C eyes taking in the bold print. Your hands grew shaky and you bit your lip opening the envelope to see what words awaited you. You read through the letter and it stated the date, time and location of where you were supposed to report to. You sighed deeply. It was all so inconvenient.

Going through the rest of the letter, you saw a link to an online questionnaire.

You could ask to be excused. You felt a small sense of relief at the prospect. You hurried to your room and filled out the online questionnaire. Now you made it onto the text box where you had to state your reason for being excused.

You typed that you suffered from severe anxiety and panic attacks. You nervously submitted the questionnaire and tried to calm down. However, this would linger on your mind until that designated day.

You knew deep down you were absolutely not fit to fulfill such a role. Your mind would race, things would seem too complex, you wouldn't be able to follow what's going on, you'd be so occupied and hyper self-aware to pay fully attention to anything that goes on in court. Just the thought of being in a court with attorneys, a judge and jury terrified you. 

You wished with all your being that you were excused. 

1 Week Later

You received a followup letter. You held the envelope for a minute before nervously opening it. You took a deep breath and unfolded the letter. You frowned as you read the words. 

Due to a large number of cases scheduled for trial, your request to be excused is one of the many we are unable to grant.

You also read that if you submitted a request for a physical or mental disability, to resubmit with a physician's statement. Frustrated, you ran a hand through your hair. You have never in your life did anything like this before and you worried about messing up and not knowing what to do. You just wanted to be out of it.