Chapter 43 - The Secret Horcrux

I fvcking love this.

---

{Y/N's POV}

"Tom?" I asked, shocked.

He looked different. He wasn't the handsome man I fell in love with anymore. He didn't even look human at all. He didn't have a nose either. I was in love with Tom Riddle, not Voldemort.

"Y/N," he said and walked closer to me.

I fell on my knees, too overwhelmed. I was in disbelief and shocked. Tears dared to escape my eyes.

"I know I look different," he said as I looked up.

I built up the strength to stand up.

"Come sit down before you pass out," he said, gesturing to the bed.

His eyes landed on my promise ring.

"You still wear it?" he asked, gesturing to my ring as I sat on my bed.

"Of course, I do, Tom. I love you."

He didn't say anything, but instead sat down next to me on the bed.

"Where have you been?" I asked.

"Recovering."

"What do you mean?" I asked. "Are you even... human anymore?"

"No," he said. "It's complicated."

"Not if you explain it," I said.

"Well, after I killed Lily and James Potter, the last piece of my soul went inside Harry Potter," Tom said.

"What? It-"

"Yes, it went inside Harry Potter," he confirmed.

I wasn't sure how to react, so I listened to what he had to say.

"And I became like this," he said. "When you were hit with the killing spell, you survived," Tom reminded me.

"Right, how did I survive?" I asked.

Tom smiled sincerely. "Because you're a Horcrux," he said.

"What?!" I shouted. "How- when- why?" I asked, angrily.

"At the Riddle Manor, when I killed my grandfather, a piece of my soul entered you since you were the only other living thing near," he explained.

"Was it on purpose?"

"Yes."

"Why would you do that?" I asked. "Wouldn't I have been your last Horcrux then?"

"No, because I lied about something," he said. "Your promise ring was never a Horcrux."

I scoffed.

"How dare you! I don't want to be someone's lifeline, Tom! The old you would know that. Now you're just self-absorbed and hungry for power and immortality. You're not the Tom I fell in love with." I exclaimed hysterically.

He stayed quiet to let me process the information.

"So does this mean you don't want to stay by me anymore?" he asked.

I took interest in the floor.

"Yes."

Tom sighed disappointedly.

"You really were the closest person to someone I loved," he said.

"Wow, I'm flattered," I said. "But it's too bad you don't love me back."

Tom looked into my eyes once more then, vanished into the mist. I was alone again, and this time, I felt more hopeless. The one person I loved changed and I was never going to get him back.

---

Instagram: @tomriddleisswag

YouTube: Fanfic Writer

(link under bio)

Sincerely, tomriddleisswag.

🤎⌛️☕️

3/29/21