3-Date

*jens pov*

"Aye, what the fuck-." I say to Sage when she steals a piece of my food. "Jennifer! Language!" My mom says from the kitchen. I furrow my brows as Sage laughs at me. "Look at this, I'm 20 years old and I can't even say fuck.." I say quietly and roll my eyes.

"Well, apparently not under your parents roof." She shrugs. "Yeah, well it's not my choice." I sigh and stand up to throw away my food.

Suddenly my phone starts to ring. I pull it out of my pocket and answer it. "Hello?" I say. "Hey, Jennifer it's Leah." Leah says. "Oh Hi! What's up?" I ask. "I have, um, something to do this afternoon, and I won't be back until late. I asked Sofia's dad if he could watch her, but he's busy. Do you think today is a good day for you?" She asks me.

"Of course. I actually have no plans today. When should I come over?" I ask. "Um, I'll text you." She says. "Sounds good. I'll see you later." I say and hang up.

"Who was that?" Sage asks once I come back in the living room. "My neighbor, she wants me to babysit." I say. "Is that the one I told you about, with her husband and stuff?" She asks. "Yeah." I say and sit down. "How is she doing?" Sage asks. "I went over there and she seemed okay. She definitely hasn't let herself go, she looks good." I say.

"Yeah?" She asks and I nod my head 'yes'. "I wanna see." She says. "You're weird." I say. "You're the one who thinks she's hot-." She shrugs. "I didn't say she was hot." I defend myself. "Yeah but you're thinking it." She says.

I press my lips and look at her. "Exactly." She says and I laugh. "I won't deny it. She's very attractive." I shrug. "Do you have a picture? I haven't seen her in a long time." She says. "No- dumbass I don't have a picture of her." I roll my eyes and she wines.

"C'mon, let's go to the kitchen." I say and we both walk to the kitchen. She grabs a water bottle out of the fridge as I go over to the window and open the curtain a little.

"Look." I say to Sage. She comes over beside me, and looks out the window at the backyard of Leah's house. We watch Leah work on her garden in her short high-waisted jean shorts, and a tight summer shirt. "Holy fuck.." Sage says. "Told you." I say. "She is hot. You know what, good for her. Livin her best life." She says.

"Ok, let's stop acting like weird middle school boys and not stalk her." I say and shut the curtain. "Damn. I hope I look like that when I'm her age." She says. "Right." I sigh.

We end up going in my room and hang out for about an hour. Then we get kind of bored so Sage decides it's time for her to leave.

"You want me to drive you home?" I ask. "No, I can walk." She says. "Alright. I'll walk with you." I say.

She gets her stuff, and we walk outside. We start to walk past Leah's house where she is now planting roses in her front yard. "Goddamn, I can't even look." Sage says since Leah is so pretty. "I can..." I say and check Leah out.

Sage playfully hits me and I laugh. "We have issues." I giggle. "We do." She says.

I walk her the rest of the way home, then we say goodbye, and I head back. I walk past Leahs house again, and she's still doing work outside. But she looks sweatier and her cleanly mainicured hands are a little dirty.

I try not to stare since that sweat is making her very nice to look at, so I look away and walk back into my house. "Sage left?" My mom asks. "Yeah. Oh- by the way I'm gonna be at Leah's house tonight, watching Sofia." I tell her.

"Ok, that sounds good." She says. "Me and your father are going out to eat, I'll see you later." She says and walks towards the door. "Bye." I say. "David, hurry up!" My mom calls out to my dad before she walks out.