7-Life Saver

*jens pov*

"Are you crazy-?" Sage says once I tell her what happened between me and Leah. "I didn't mean to." I say in my defense. "You didn't mean to put your lips on hers??" She asks and I roll my eyes. "I took the situation wrong, and I just went for it. I wasn't thinking." I shrug.

"Obviously not." She sighs. "Did she fire you?" She asks. "No. She didn't say anything." I say. "Well I doubt you'll be over there anytime soon. Better start looking for a new job." She says. "Whatever. I'm sure she'll need someone to watch Sofia eventually, and I'm literally her neighbor, so I'm sure I won't be far from her first pick." I say and she sighs, knowing I'm right.

"I still can't believe you did that." She says. "Me either." I shake my head. "You need to be careful." She tells me. "I know, but like, what's the worst that could happen?" I ask.

"Um- what if things get too far?" She says. "What do you mean?" I ask. "What if you 2 have sex and Sofia's dad finds out?" She says. "Pffttt." I roll my eyes. "We're not gonna have sex." I say since she's being ridiculous.

"Ok. But say she wants to have sex, would you deny the offer?" She asks. I stay quiet, knowing good and well I probably wouldn't be able to say no. "Exactly." She says.

"Sage stop making such a big deal out of it." I say. "You kissed the mother of the little girl you babysit." She says to me. "Do you realize how weird that sounds-?" She asks. "Whatever, I don't want to talk about it anymore." I say and hang up the facetime call.

Things like this happen all over the world. Sure I didn't expect for it to happen in my life, but it did. I don't know why I did it, and I do regret it because this makes things very confusing, especially for Leah.

-
*leahs pov*

My mind stays overflowed with thoughts as I put lotion on my legs. I can't stop thinking about what happened last week. Jennifer kissed me-. And I don't know how to think.

It's not the fact that she's a girl or anything, I've definitely had my fair share of experimenting with the female anatomy, but- I mean, she babysits my daughter...

She's 20 years old. Maybe if the situation was different, and the age. But- this is ridiculous, I don't even know what to do. It's not like I'm mad at Jennifer, I'm just so confused. And it sucks because she is Sofia's babysitter, so I still need her- I mean, my job is totally overwhelming, and so is my ex's job.

It's too late to find a new babysitter, plus it's very convenient since Jennifer is my neighbor. But I don't wanna text her, things are gonna be so awkward the next time we talk.

Maybe we can get over it. I've had plenty of younger people who were infatuated with me, and have had little crushes. But none of them have had the balls to kiss me, which is ironic since all of them did have balls- they were all boys, never a girl.

I understand what Jennifer is feeling, but I don't understand what she did. It's completely taking over my head.

"Mom?" Sofia appears in the doorway of my bathroom. "Baby, what are you doing up?" I ask. "I couldn't sleep." She says and leans her head against the doorframe. "Wanna sleep with me?" I ask and she nods her head 'yes'. "Ok, go lay down, I'll be out in a second." I say and she walks away.

I go into my closet and change out of my robe into pajamas. I turn off all the lights before laying down in bed with Sofia. She's already dozing off, so I let her fall asleep. It's funny how sleeping in your parents bed is so much more comforting. I always slept with my mom after my dad left, me and Sofia have that in common.

-

I wake up the next morning to my phone ringing, at 8am. "Hello?" I answer tiredly. I listen to my boss tell me that he needs me to come into work today, and my heart sinks.

"Ok, um- I'll be there soon." I sigh and hang up. I promised Sofia that we'd have a girls day today since I was off work, but of course, we can't do that now.

I sit up and rub my head, realizing I have to text Jennifer, I have no one else to watch Sofia. I send Jennifer a subtle text about how it's an emergency and I really need her to watch Sofia.

Once I send it, I get up and get ready as quick as possible. Once I get my heels on, I get a text back. Luckily Jennifer said she'd come over. I feel really bad for texting her out of the blue so early, but I had no other choice.

"Baby." I say softly and move Sofia's hair out of her face. "Hm?" She hums and opens her eyes. "I have to go into work today-." She cuts me off. "I thought we were spending the day together?" She says. "I know mama, but- we can do it another time. Jennifer will be over soon, okay?" I say.

"Ok.." She sighs and lays her head back down. I hear the doorbell ring and I go downstairs. I open the door and Jennifer's eyes meet mine. "Jennifer, hi. Did I wake you up?" I ask worrisome.

"No, no. You're good, I was already up." She says which I realize now since she's already dressed and it's looks like she's been up. "Come in. I'm really sorry for texting you so suddenly, I wasn't supposed to have work today." I say as she walks in. "Don't be sorry, I understand." She shrugs.

I shut the door behind her and turn around. "Look, Leah...we should talk about what-." I cut her off. "We don't have to talk Jennifer. It's okay, let's just forget it." I say and she tilts her head. "Okay?" I tilt my head too. "Ok." She nods.

"Sofia's upstairs asleep. She probably won't be up for another hour. So you can just chill out, I'll be back later." I say and grab my purse. "Alright." She says and puts her hands in her pockets.

I open the door and look back at her. "Thankyou so much, you're really a life saver." I smile softly. "Of course Leah." She smiles. "Have fun at work." She says and I roll my eyes. "Haha." I say sarcastically and she giggles.

We say goodbye then I walk out.