23-So Well

*leahs pov*

"I don't even know why I put up with her-." Jen manages to say in between our kisses. "It's tiring." She says and kisses me again until I pull away. "Can we please not talk about your mom while we're making out?" I tilt my head. "You're right. I'm sorry. I'm just so frustrated." She sighs.

"Well that's why I'm here, let me relax you." I bite my lip and she smiles. "Yes please." She says and I kiss her again.

-

"Thankyou for that." Jen pants once I get off of her. "Mhm." I nod. "When is your mom getting back?" I ask. "I don't know. She's been going out a lot lately without giving me a heads up." She sighs.

"Well you can stay as long as you want today." I tell her and get off the bed. "Sofia isn't coming back from her dad's until Sunday." I say.

"I think I'm gonna move out.." Jennifer randomly says. "What?" I ask. "I'm looking for an apartment." She says. "Really?" I ask and she nods.

"I'm 20 years old, and I'd rather do something about this situation with me and my mom other than just sitting around and complaining about it." She shrugs.

It gets quiet and she tilts her head. "How do you feel about that?" She asks me. "I think it's a great idea Jen. You're right, it's the mature thing to do." I nod and she smiles.

"But you really wanna leave me..?" I tease and she looks at me. "It'll be a lot harder to bootycall when you're not next door anymore." I joke. "Did you just call me your bootycall??" She laughs and so do I.

"I'm just kidding. But what about Sofia? Will you still babysit?" I ask, hopeful. "Of course. My apartment won't be that far. I don't mind driving here." She shrugs.

"Ok, good." I nod. "Plus you can visit whenever Sof is at her dad's.." I say and she smiles. "I'd love to." She nods. Suddenly Jen's phone starts to ring and she looks down at it. "It's my mom, be right back." She says and walks out of the room.

She comes back in shortly once I'm dressed again. "What'd she say?" I ask. "She was letting me know that she won't be back until late tonight.." She sighs. "Where the hell is she??" I ask and she shrugs. "I don't know. But I could really care less." She shrugs.

"Well do you wanna do something since we have all day?" I ask and she tilts her head. "Like what?" She asks softly. "Anything." I shrug. She looks up and thinks about it. "Mmmm, I don't know." She says.

"We could go to the Hamptons and sit on the beach?" I suggest. "You wanna drive all the way out there?" She asks. "Sure, why not? It could be fun." I say and she smiles. "Yeah we can do that." She nods.

"Great. Go grab a swimsuit." I tell her and she nods. "Be right back." She says and walks downstairs to go to her house real quick. While she's gone, I get my stuff together too. I change into a bathing suit and wear clothes over it, then I pack some sunscreen and some fruit.

She comes back over and we're both ready to go. We get in the car and make our way there.

-

"The sun is so fucking bright-." Jen says and covers we face as she's laying on a towel. "You complain a lot." I observe as I'm putting sunscreen my legs. "I know. I'm sorry." She says. "It's okay. It's cute." I shrug and she rolls her eyes.

"I'm surprised there's barely anyone here." She says and looks around. "Me too. Guess we got lucky." I shrug.

She turns to me and watches me finish with the sunscreen. I put it away and look out at the ocean until I turn to Jen. "What're you looking at?" I ask. "You." She says and I smile.

"Why?" I tease. "Because I want to." She says with a little attitude. "Mm." I hum and look away from her. "Are you ready for your classes to start?" I ask her, changing the subject.

"No-. I mean, I'm ready to get them over with, but I'm not looking forward to them." She says. "Why not? The classes I helped you pick didn't seem too hard." I say.

"Just because they're not hard doesn't mean I want to do them." She says. "You know I have to take French-?" She tells me. "What?" I ask confused since I didn't help her pick that one.

"Yeah, when I left your house that day, I still needed one more class. And foreign language looks really good on your college resumè. So I just said fuck it." She shrugs.

"That's true, and maybe it'll be fun." I tilt my head. "I mean, I would love to know French, but I don't wanna go through the whole process of learning it. My mom took it in high school and she failed the class." She tells me.

"Well is it hard to learn?" I ask. "You can't even compare it to Spanish. It's much more complicated." She says. "I'm sure it'll be fine as long as you study and pay attention." I say and she sighs.

"Hopefully." She shrugs.

"You wanna get in the water?" I ask her. "No." She says. "Me either." I say and she giggles.

There's 2 types of people in this world. The ones who go to the beach to swim and get sand all up their ass, then there's the people who just lay around, enjoying the ocean from afar. And we're both definitely the section option.

That's probably why we get along so well.