27-Costume

*jens pov*

"Hi mama!" I say to Sofia as I pick her, giving her a big hug. "I missed you." She says. "Yeah? I missed you too." I say and kiss her cheek before setting her back down.

It's a couple weeks later, and almost a month has passed. I don't get to see Sofia as much since she has school and I have classes, but I still babysit whenever Leah needs me to.

"Where's your mom?" I ask as I shut the door behind us. "She's upstairs getting ready for work." She says. "Oh, ok." I nod.

"Jennifer can you take me trick-or-treating this year??" Sofia asks out of nowhere. "You want me to?" I ask and she nods. "Mmm, why not? I'm sure I could do that." I nod and she smiles big.

Halloween is literally on Saturday, and it's already Wednesday. So it's right around the corner. "What're you gonna dress up as?" I ask Sofia.

She starts to tell me, but I get completely distracted once I turn my head to the top of the staircase, watching as Leah walks down the stairs. My jaw drops as it seems like she's moving in slow motion.

I eye her down taking in what I'm seeing. She has on a tight leather pencil skirt, along with some fish nets. Her shirt is a tight, white, long sleeved button up shirt. With a matching pair of intimidating high heels. Then a corset and a pair of fangs to top the whole look off.

It doesn't even cross my mind that people are probably dressing up for Halloween at her work, because this is very shocking. "Mom!" Sofia calls out and laughs, noticing her outfit. "Is it too much?" Leah asks me.

"Yes. But in the best way possible." I say in awe. "Good." She nods and walks over to us. "Mom are you a vampire?" Sofia asks. "No, I'm a unicorn." Leah says sarcastically and Sofia laughs out loud. Their relationship is so cute.

"You can tell I'm a vampire, right? I wanna make sure I don't just look slutty." Leah says to me. "Yes, you look like a slutty vampire." I say. "Good enough." She shrugs.

She grabs her purse and fixes her lipstick in the little mirror beside the front door. "Bye baby." Leah says to Sofia and gives her a kiss.

I walk Leah to the front porch and I shut the door behind us. "I'm really debating on changing my outfit." She says to me. "Why?! You look good, I promise." I say.

"I hate when Halloween comes around because we have to do this every year at the office." She sighs. "I think its fun." I shrug. "I'm sure you do." She laughs and so do I.

"Well have a good day." I say. "Thankyou, I'll see you later." She says. "Ok." I nod. She cups my face and gives me a quick kiss. I like vampire Leah, it's very attractive.

She smiles once she pulls away, then she walks to her car. I go back inside and I see Sofia step away from the window. "What're you doing?" I giggle. "Did you guys just kiss?" She tilts her head and I feel my heart drop to my stomach.

She was watching us on the front porch from the window. Shit.

"No- baby, why would you think that?" I play it off. "I saw my moms face get reallyyy close to yours." She observes . "We hugged Sofia, and your mom gave me a kiss on the cheek. Like she does with you sometimes." I explain.

"She does that with you too?" She asks. "Yeah. It's just a friendly gesture." I nod and walk over to the couch. She follows behind me and sits down beside me. She unexpectedly kisses my cheek and I look at her. "What was that for?" I giggle. "Just a friendly gesture." She smiles cutely and I giggle, sighing with relief since she understands.

"There you go." I nod. "Did you finish your homework?" I ask her, changing the subject. "Nope." She shrugs. "Well I'll help you. Go get it." I tell her and she gets up to go get it.

I think about calling Leah and telling her what just happened, but I covered it up pretty well. And I don't want to make Leah worried about it, so I just try and forget it.

Sofia comes back with her homework, and we put on a show for background noise.

"Mmm. This is dumb." Sofia sighs as we're working on a math problem. "I won't lie to you, Sof, this is pretty dumb. But you need to make good grades." I tell her. "I don't need fractions to be a gardener." She scoffs.

"You still wanna go into agriculture?" I ask and smile since she got that idea from me. "Yeah!" She nods. "That's great baby. But you still have to do work even if it isn't gonna help you." I tell her.

She wines and I tilt my head. "Look, if you get all A's and B's on your report card, then I'll take you out for ice cream." I say and she smiles big. "For real?" She asks. "For real." I nod and hold out my pinky so we can pinky promise.

We continue to work on math until we finally finish. Luckily that was all the homework she had to do, so I make us some food and we watch a movie after we eat.

After a couple hours, Leah gets home, and I still can't get over her look. "Hey." She smiles after walking through the door. "Hi." I say from the couch. "Sofia's in the shower." I tell her. "Ok, thankyou." She nods.

"How was work?" I ask as she comes over to me, standing behind the couch. "Um, it was interesting." She nods and I giggle. "I'm sure you had the best costume." I say. "Obviously." She rolls her eyes and I smile.

I take her hand as it's resting on the back of the couch, and I pull her down so she can give me a kiss.

"Sofia asked if I could take her trick-or-treating." I tell her. "Really?" She asks and I nod. "Would it be okay if I came over for Halloween this weekend?" I ask. "Of course, Sofia would love that." She nods. "You sure you don't have any parties to go to or something?" Leah asks.

"Nope. My schedule is completely empty for this weekend." I nod. "Perfect." She says and kisses me again.