55-Over

*jens pov*

*6 months later*

I finally finished my first semester, which is a relief. I'm on summer vacation and I've been spending most of it with Giselle, except when I have online classes.

Me and Giselle started dating a few months ago, and it's actually going really well. We love being together, and it's nice since we see eachother a lot.

We hang out almost everyday since we live in the same building, and we never argue. We've never had a single disagreement, and we're always in a good mood when we're together.

I think that goes to show that we're good for eachother. We're not toxic, and we try to make eachother feel good. Plus, we don't have to keep our relationship a secret...

I loved being with Leah. She added the fun and excitement that I was missing in my life. The experience was so amazing, but she made me feel terrible.

Overall, she made me so insecure. Just keeping it secret and everything because of me. It's not a fun feeling when you can't show your love to someone.

It really wasn't fair on my part because I tried so hard. Whereas she just kept going back and forth. At one point, she loves me and she's all over me, then the next point, she's embarrassed of me.

Over time, I did realize that my age did have some effect to our relationship. I am still young, and my feelings grew a little deeper for Leah than hers did because I'm not as mature. Leah knew the boundaries, and I did too, but I didn't care. I did whatever I wanted, including her...literally.

Although I admit to our age difference adding to the problem, I'm still working on forgiving her. I know I'll never be able to forgive her face to face, but I need to get over it for my own personal growth.

I just didn't understand so much of it. And it sucked because I was in such a trance with Leah. Everything she did, every look she gave me, I just fell under her spell over and over again.

I was so infatuated by her, that I let her make me feel bad about myself, as long as I got to kiss her at the end of the day. I didn't realize how terrible of a relationship that was.

Although I'm slowly getting over me and Leah, I don't think I'll ever forget about Sofia...

She was the sweetest most smartest little girl I've ever met. A lot of times I thought of her as my little sister, like I had to teach her and look out for her. And I loved it.

Seeing her could always brighten my day. She can hold a better conversation than half the adults I've met in my life.

She always made sure I was okay, and when I wasn't, she made me feel better. She's a girl full of emotions and love. And she's not afraid to show it.

All of this is why I feel bad for leaving her. But she had to know that she doesn't need me. She never did. I do miss her, and I always think about her, but if anything it makes me smile to think about her.

That funny little laugh she had, and the way she'd run to me whenever I'd come over. I'll never forget her on that front porch when I drove away. I could see the hurt in her eyes, and how badly she wanted me to stay.

But I just couldn't. I know Sofia will grow up to do amazing things, and she'll understand all of this eventually.

I flew Sage out a couple weeks ago, and she absolutely loves it here. Things are definitely getting better, and I'm slowly learning to enjoy the little things.

I'm proud of myself since after everything happened with Leah, I just was not myself. I had no motivation and I didn't want to do anything. All I could do was dwell over Leah which was a stupid thing to waste my time on.

I still think about her, always. But it hurts a little less everyday. My feelings were very deep for Leah, that's why this is so hard. I loved her, and I probably always will.

A/N

THE END
Finally- I know I put you guys on a roller coaster of emotions with this one, but that was exactly my plan. I hope you guys could really feel what I was explaining throughout the book, because that's my main goal. Thankyou everyone for reading and voting. But don't worry, I'm already working on my new book, and it will be out soon :)