5-No Idea

*jens pov*

I doze off for the 5th time while I'm in my virtual class, and I try to wake myself up. I rub my face and try to get it together. I'm so lost right now, I have no idea what my professor is talking about, and I really need to be taking notes. My final exam is coming up soon and I can not fail it.

It would be so much better to be in class, face to face right now, but since I'm living at home this year, I decided to basically do college from home, meaning I don't go into the classrooms. It would be a waste to drive to campus every day, just to come right back home when I can just do it all here.

Eventually my class ends, and I text Sage to send me her notes. She sends a picture and I try to review it. I've been so tired and distracted lately. It happens a lot whenever classes get stressful, but it's really been hitting me lately.

I glance over at my window, looking at Leah's house, then I try to get back to work. Eventually my mom comes in my room and asks me to go shopping with her. She has some weird work event coming up, and she always comes to me to help her buy a new outfit. So I agreed to go.

Once we both got ready, we walk outside and I shut the door behind us. My mom gets in the car then I get in the passenger seat. As my mom pulls out of the driveway, I notice Leah outside gardening, of course. But it's a little different this time. Sofia is outside too, watering a small potted flower in her lap.

I smile and watch as she examines the little flower. "What?" My mom says, noticing me staring out the window, almost in a daze. I move my eyes to Leah who comes over to help Sofia. "Nothing." I shrug.

We get to the mall and look around for about an hour until we finally find an outfit for my mom. We get back home and I go up to my room.

Suddenly Sage facetimes me, and I answer. "Hey, what are you doing?" She asks. "Just got home. What about you?" I ask.

"Nothing at all. Butttt, there's a party tonight at one of the frat houses, please come with me?" She asks. "Mmm, what time?" I ask. "It starts at like 8." She says. "I don't know Sage...I should really study, and you should too." I tell her. "I've studied enough this week, and I'm sure you have way more than me. You'll be fine." She says.

"Fine." I say. "Ok, I'll drive, make sure you're ready by 8." She says. "Ok, bye." I say and we hang up.

I really should study tonight, but I've been so busy lately. I guess it's okay for me to take a break. Plus I haven't been to a party in a while, so why not?

-

I look at myself in the mirror, adjusting my tight dress, then I put my hoops in before picking out a pair of heels. By the time I get them on, I hear Sage honking her car horn outside. "I'm coming, I'm coming." I mutter to myself and head downstairs.

I walk outside and make my way to Sage's car. "You look like a slut." She giggles and I roll my eyes. "Thanks." I say and get in the car.

We arrive to the huge frat house with people all around, then we head inside. "I'm gonna get us drinks." Sage says and I nod. "Jennifer!" I hear someone call out. I turn around and realize who it is. "Branson! Oh my god- I haven't seen you in forever." I say and give him a big hug.

"Right, I never see you on campus?" He raises one brow. "Yeah I'm at home this year." I say. "Damn, how's that?" He asks. "Hell." I say and he laughs. "Well I'm happy to see you. You look great." He says and checks me out. "Stop." I giggle. "I'm serious! Look at you!" He smiles and so do I.

"Is Evan here?" I ask. "He's not. I'm pretty sure this is the only party he hasn't been to this year." He says. "That not surprising." I giggle. I talk to Branson for a little bit until Sage comes back with our drinks.