35-Feelings

*leahs pov*

"Why are you up so late missy?" I ask when I walk in the door and see Sofia still up with Jennifer. "I couldn't sleep." She says as she runs over to me and gives me a hug. I look over at Jen and she presses her lips. "Sorry" Jennifer mouths and I smile.

"Alright well I'll tuck you in, c'mon." I say to Sofia and hold her hand, taking her upstairs. "Why do you keep coming home so late?" Sofia asks as I pull her blanket over her.

"Works been a little busy lately. But you have fun with Jennifer, don't you?" I ask. "Yeah! I still miss you though." She says and I smile. "I promise it won't stay like this. Don't worry." I say and kiss her head. "Goodnight. I love you." I say and stand up from her bed. "Love you." She says as I walk out of her room and shut her door.

I walk downstairs and make eye contact with Jen who's still on the couch. "Hey." I smile. "Hi." She says sweetly.

"Everything okay today?" I ask and sit beside her on the couch, taking off my heels. "Yep. How was work?" She asks. "Slow." I shrug.

"So your mom told me you finally gave in." I tell her and she giggles. "Yep. Last week I went to her house and we just talked. Everything was pretty good." She says. "Well that's great. I'm really happy for you." I say and put my hand on hers.

"Did she tell you about what she gave me?" She asks and I tilt my head. "No? What'd she give you?" I ask. "Apparently my dad left us a check, and she gave it to me for my trip." She explains. "Really?" I ask and she nods. "Well that's great. Now you're set." I tell her and she nods.

"I'm just glad everything is okay between me and her now. It was really stressful when we weren't talking." She starts to say but I get distracted when I observe how she looks today.

I was in a rush this morning to get to work, so I didn't even have a chance to tell Jen hi. "Why are you being so quiet?" She asks. I bring my eyes to hers and she tilts her head.

"Sorry. You just look pretty today." I say and she smiles and looks away. "Shutuppp." She shakes her head.

"I'm serious. I feel like I don't tell you that enough." I say. "You don't." She says and looks at me annoyed. I giggle and pout my lip.

"I'm sorry.." I say and turn more towards her as I put my hand on her cheek. "I've missed you." She says and puts her hand on my thigh. "I know." I tilt my head.

"A lot.." She says and slowly moves her hand closer to my inner thigh. I look down then back up at her. I lean in, kissing her lips, and she doesn't hesitate to kiss back.

Our lips move passionately in unison, until she pulls away. "I have to tell you something." She says and my facial expression changes since that didn't sound good. "Don't worry, it's not bad." She giggles and I sigh with relief.

"But it's not great..." She says and I look at her. "What is it?" I ask. "I'm leaving next month." She says and I tilt my head, a little confused. "To France?" I ask and she nods.

"I thought you had seven months-." I say and she shakes her head no. "Since I got everything paid, I have a chance to leave earlier." She says.

"Please don't be mad at me- I figured the sooner I left, then the sooner I'd be back. And I really wanna get the whole 'going away' part over with." She says and I just take everything in.

"Are you mad?" She asks softly since I'm being quiet again. "No...I'm not mad." I shake my head no. "Just a little sad." I tilt my head and force a smile. "Me too." She sighs.

"You still gonna visit me?" She asks softly and I smile. "Of course." I nod.

"Look, Sofia's gonna be at Angelo's next week. Let me take you out." I say and take her hands. She smirks a little and I can't help but giggle. "Okay." She nods. "Just text me when." She says.

We talk for a little more, until it gets pretty late. So I pay Jennifer and she heads out.

I can't believe she's leaving next month. My mind literally can't even wrap around it. That's why I'm not really showing emotion, because I can't believe it. It's just way too soon in my opinion.

I don't want her to go, not this early. Lately it's been down to just me and her, together. Once she leaves, things are gonna go back to how they used to be before we met.

Which I'm not looking forward to. My life was so boring, yet draining at the same time. I was in such a depressive state, especially with Angelo. And Jen helped me get over it.

But I guess overall it's the best thing for her to do. She needs to go out in the world, and not be held back by me. That's what I've been trying to show her lately, but I just end up hurting her feelings.