36-Embarrassed

*jens pov*

I get into Leah's car once she texts me she's here. It's the next week, and she promised to take me out, so that's what we're doing.

"You look cute." She says once I shut the car door. "Just cute?" I ask and buckle my seatbelt. "Shutup you know you're hot." She says and I giggle. "I do." I agree and she rolls her eyes.

We get to this pretty fancy restaurant, and we get seated. "You know what I just realized?" I ask. "What?" She asks softly and tilts her head. "This is our first date." I say and she looks at me. "Our first date?" She giggles. "Yeah!" I nod.

"But we hangout all the time." She says. "That's not a date- This is nice and proper. It's a real date." I say and she smiles. "I guess you're right." She agrees.

Eventually we order our food and just talk about some things. We don't talk about me leaving though since we're both trying to avoid that conversation. 

"You wanna get desert?" Leah asks me. "You know you shouldn't even ask-." I say since I always want desert. She giggles and calls the waiter over. We both pick something out, and the waiter leaves.

"So did you talk to Angelo any today when he picked up Sofia?" I ask. "Yeah a little..." She says and I look at her. "He brought me flowers-.." She says and I furrow my brows. "Flowers?" I repeat and she nods. "Right." She says.

"Ew. What the hell." I say and she looks away. "What'd you say?" I ask. "Thankyou." She shrugs and I giggle. "Well obviously-. But like, is he still trying to get you back?" I ask. "I think so." She nods.

"Well is he winning you over?" I tilt my head. "Um-definitely not." She says in a serious tone. "He just wants me as a rebound since him and his girlfriend didn't work out." She shrugs. "Is it possible for you to be a rebound if you were married to him first?" I ask. "Who knows." She shrugs.

I shrug too, and the waiter comes over with our food.  We continue to chit-chat, but as I'm talking, I see Leah's eyes widen as she's looking at something. "What-?" I ask and turn around, trying to see what she's looking at.

"Holy shit." She says and kind of sinks down in her seat. We're sitting at a booth, so she's trying to hide herself as best as possible. "What? What is it?" I ask again. "That's one of my coworkers." She says a little paranoid. "So?" I shrug and she looks at me like I'm stupid.

"Do you not like them or something? I doubt they'll come over here and take to you." I say, brushing it off like it's nothing. "I knew we should've gone to a restaurant farther away." She says and quickly gets her credit card out to pay.

That's when I realize she's freaking out because she's with me.

"What are you doing? I'm not done eating-." I say as she calls over the waiter. "Yes you are." She says and gives the waiter her card.

I don't even know what to say. Leah doesn't want to be seen with me, and I guess I understand that, but it's hurts my feelings a little in general.

I go completely quiet and just stare off into space as we wait for the waiter to come back with her card. I zone out, trying not to think deeply since it'll make me even more upset.

Leah looks at me and notices that I'm avoiding her. I don't give her any attention as my feelings stay numb. It's always me going through stuff with our relationship, never her.

The waiter comes back and we both stand up. Leah walks out quickly as possible, and I follow behind.

We both get in the car and she sighs. I just look out the window and cross my arms. "That was close." She says as she starts the car.

I hate this. I hate how she thinks this is just some sneaky game. If she really had feelings for me, then she wouldn't be so paranoid and embarrassed.

She pulls out of the parking lot and glances at me. "Where to now?" She asks. I just shrug and lay my head back, still looking out the window. "Whats wrong?" She asks. "I didn't say anything." I shrug. "Exactly. You're not saying anything, so somethings wrong." She giggles a little.

I just look at her, and I can't help but give her an unamused look. "That was a little much." I say bluntly. "What was?" She asks and furrows her brows. "You storming out like that. You almost had a fucking panic attack in there-." I say.

"Jen- I told you my coworker walked in." She says. "Yeah, I know. I got that part." I say. "I don't understand. Why are you already mad at me?" She asks.

"Because it was kind of selfish of you. You could've just told me calmly instead of freaking out and basically ditching me at the table." I say.

"You're too sensitive Jennifer." She says and I furrow my brows. "I didn't even do anything. I saved both our asses." She says. "How-?" I ask.

"If he saw me, he definitely would've walked over and talked to me. Then he'd be curious as to who you are. And what would I say then? 'Oh this is my daughters twenty year old babysitter that I'm just out to dinner with.'." She mocks.

"You're ridiculous. You worry too goddamn much." I roll my eyes. "Well someone has too-. We'd be caught for sure if I wasn't looking out for u-." She says but I cut her off. "God- stop talking about getting caught." I say and put my hand up.

"Why-?" She asks. "Because it's fucking annoying. Unlike you, I don't focus on how we're not supposed to be together. I just enjoy what we have for the time being. But you're too skittish to even have dinner with me." I say and she scoffs.

"Stop being so sensit-." I cut her off. "Stop calling me that." I say emotionless. "I'm only so sensitive because you've been breaking my heart for the past like five weeks-." I say.

"Wow- and how have I been doing that??" She asks annoyed. "Do you not think about how your words or actions effect people? I mean honestly. You don't know how many times you've made me feel like shit over a tiny comment. Literally half the stuff you say makes me feel either defeat, or like a little girl. I get you're older than me, but that doesn't mean you have some old lady wisdom-." I say.

"Well I'm sorry I make you feel that way, but you have got to understand Jennifer. The way people look at me would be completely destroyed if they found out about us. I'm the adult here, you're twenty years old. I know you don't care about that, but you have to look at it through my eyes. I'd definitely get the short end of the stick." She says and I look away.

I get quiet for a second, then I look at her again. "My end of the stick is definitely shorter since I'm literally falling in love with you and you're more worried about who's gonna say what when they find out." I say. Her mouth slightly opens as she looks at me.

She stares at me in shock for a good 20 seconds, until she realizes she's driving, and she puts her attention back on the road. "So yeah, call me sensitive when this relationship is like going through the five stages of grief." I say in a bitchy tone and look back out the window.

I'd probably be crying right now in a situation like this, but I'm just so fed up with Leah right now, and I want her to be shocked. I want her to suffer through what I'm feeling. She puts me through hell and she doesn't even realize.

A/N
We're getting a little close to the end...👀😭