50-Role

*jens pov*

It's the next morning, and Sage has to get up super early for work, so I get up with her and tell her goodbye since I'm leaving tomorrow afternoon.

She ends up crying, and so do I. Then she finally leaves. About 3 hours later, I decide I should start getting dressed to go to Leah's house.

I put on some high waisted corduroy pants, and a white crop top that's tight on my chest. I do my makeup how Charles taught me, then I style my hair with a blowout.

I check myself one last time before heading there. I look pretty good, so I go downstairs and get in my car.

I listen to music on the way there and try to focus on driving even though I'm so excited.

Eventually I get there, and I pull in beside Leah's house. I step out of the car, and look at the house. All the memories come back to me, and it makes me smile. I turn when I hear a car door shut, and it's my mom who just pulled into her driveway next door.

"Jennifer! What're you doing here?" She asks and walks over to me. "I was coming to see Sofia." I tell her. "Oh right!" She says. "We'll come in for a second." She says and takes my hand. "Mom- really?" I say since I'm trying to see Leah.

"Just one second." She says and pulls me behind her. I walk in her house, and it's weird being here since this is where I grew up. "It looks different..." I observe. "Yeah, I've been working on the house when I'm not busy. Does it look good?" She asks. "Yeah. It looks great." I nod. "Did you change my room?" I ask.

"Of course not. It's exactly how you left it." She says and I grin. "Come look." She says like a little kid. I know my mom is excited that I'm home, that's why she's so ansy.

I walk upstairs behind her, and she opens the door to my room. I walk in and look around. I walk over to my bed and look at all the pictures of me and my old friends from school, hanging up on my wall. Sage is the only one I really stayed connected with.

"This is weird." I say and my mom giggles. I admire my room for a couple more minutes until my mom says something. "Alright. I guess I won't keep you any longer. Tell Sofia and Leah I said hi." She says. "Ok, I will." I say and hug her before leaving.

I walk up to Leah's front porch, slowly. And I wait a minute or two before knocking. I hear little footsteps run to the door, and I realize Sofia is probably about to answer. The door opens and Sofia looks at me. Her eyes widen and her jaw drops in disbelief.

I smile big since I couldn't be happier to see her. I've really missed her so much, and finally being with her is just filling my body with joy.

"OH MY GOD OH MY GOD!!!" She says and jumps into my arms. I pick her up and hug her so tightly. "Hi baby!!" I say and kiss her head while still hugging her. "Jennifer!" She says happily and squeezes me. "I missed you so much mama.." I say and close my eyes as we hug.

"I can't believe you're here!!" She says and pulls away, looking at me as I'm holding her. "You look so pretty!" She smiles big. "Me?? Look at you! You're basically grown!" I say and she giggles.

She throws her arms around me and gives me another big hug. I laugh and walk inside, shutting the door behind me. "So how have you been babe? How's school?" I ask Sofia as I set her down. "It's okay. Pretty boring. But I've been gardening a lot more, and I'm basically an expert." She says proudly.

"I'm so glad to hear that." I say seriously. "I have to show you my new toys!" She says. "I'd love to see them!" I say. "Where's your mom?" I ask. "She's in the office with daddy." She says and I raise my brow since Angelo usually isn't here much.

But I don't think anything of it. "Alright, well why don't you go get your toys while I go say hi to your mom. Yeah?" I suggest and she nods repeatedly before running upstairs.

I make my way over to Leah's office, and I open the door a little with a smile since I'm so excited to see her.

My smile quickly fades when I see Leah sitting on Angelo's lap as their both looking at the computer. He gives her a small kiss on the lips while giggling with eachother before they notice that I'm standing here.

Leah looks up once she hears the door open all the way. I can see her facial expression change to a sense of shock, and Angelo just smiles normally.

In that moment, I feel my heart break into a million pieces. "Jen..." Leah says softly, still in disbelief as she stands up. I feel myself try to speak, but I just can't. The words won't come out. And even if they could, I wouldn't know what to say.

"I-I'm sorry to barge in.." I say trying to hold in all the feelings building up inside me. I step out of the room and shut the door. That's the only thing I could think to do.

My breathing gets off, and I feel myself go numb. I turn once I hear the door open again, and Leah steps out. "Jennifer-...what are you doing here?" She asks and eyes me down since she hasn't fully taken in that I'm actually here right now.

I feel my emotions overflow as I'm on the verge of crying. "I can't fucking believe you.." I say shakily yet stern.

I walk towards the front door as Leah calls out for me to come back. But I just leave, I get in my car and go back to my apartment.

Once I walk in my apartment, I lean against the door, and slowly slide down to the floor. I put my hands to my face and just start to cry.

I honestly can't even comprehend all this. Leah is back with Angelo. Of all people. He's a shitty father and a shitty husband. What is wrong with her.

I don't think I've ever been this upset in my whole life. I don't even know what to do. The tears won't stop falling and I feel like I'm stuck. I'm stuck in this loop of thoughts, with that image of Leah in Angelo's lap, just replaying in my head.

I came all the way here for her. Of course I wanted to see Sofia and everyone else, but in the long run, it was all for Leah. All I've ever done was for Leah. I've based my whole life around her for the past year. She's all I ever think about yet she just pushed me to the side with Angelo filling in the role.