22-Eventually

*jens pov*

I wake up the next morning cold and naked. I look at the time and it's only 6 in the morning. I turn towards Leah who is asleep and also naked. I steal some blanket off her and pull it over me.

She rolls over and puts her arm around me while she's still asleep. Which luckily provides warmth, so I'm not complaining.

Once I get comfortable, I eventually fall back asleep.

About 2 hours later, I wake up to knocking at Leah's door. I flutter my eyes open and Leah sits up. "Mom??" Sofia knocks on the door. "Shit!" Leah mutters and quickly gets out of bed. "Mom, why's the door locked?" Sofia asks. "Hold on baby! I-I'm changing!" Leah calls out.

I get up as Leah frantically goes into the bathroom. "Where's my robe?! Fuck!" She whispers loudly. I turn around and grab her robe off the chair to her vanity. "Leah." I say and toss it to her.

"Ok...ok.." She tries to calm down. She goes to unlock the door then she quickly turns to me as I'm picking up my clothes. She looks around quickly, then back at me. "Get in the closet." She says and I look at her. "What-?" I ask.

"In the closet! C'mon!" She says and I listen to her. I quickly go to the closet and walk in. Right when I turn around, Leah shuts the closet door.

"Hey baby. You okay?" I hear Leah ask once she opens the door. "I threw up." Sofia says. "Shit. Where?" Leah asks. "In my room." Sof says. "Ok, go downstairs and lay on the couch, I'll clean it up and make you something to eat." Leah says and I hear Sofia walk downstairs.

I take a breath of relief, which quickly goes away when the closet door opens. I cover my boobs and jump a little, but it's just Leah.

"Everything okay?" I ask. She shakes her head and leans against the door frame. "Get dressed." She says and I start to put my bra on.

"Do you want me to sneak out or something?" I ask as I put on my shirt. "No-. We'll just tell Sof you slept on the couch and you were taking a shower in here." She says and I nod.

Once I finish getting my clothes on, I just stand there and look at her. "I'm sorry." I say randomly. She sighs and looks at me. "It's okay. Just go make that excuse believable so Sof doesn't get suspicious." She tells me and walks away.

I sigh and walk out of the room. I go downstairs and Sofia's eyes light up when she sees me. She sits up from laying down and smiles big. "Jennifer! What are you doing here??" She asks.

"Um, your mom needed some help last night so I came over and ended up falling asleep." I say and sit beside her. "Help with what?"  She tilts her head. "The...garden. She needed help with the garden." I come up with something quick.

"Oh." She says. "Yeah I just took a quick shower upstairs." I nod. "Your hairs not wet.." She observes. I press my lips and look at her. "I didn't wash my hair." I shrug. "Oh." She nods.

"Wanna watch a movie?" She tilts her head, quickly changing the subject. "Sure." I nod and put my arm around her. I let her pick the movie and Leah comes in with some food for Sofia. 

"I'm gonna take a shower baby." Leah says and kisses Sofia's head. Leah goes over to the steps and glances at me as she walks upstairs.

I watch the movie with Sofia as she eats her food, then I remember everything from last night. Not the part where me and Leah had sex, I definitely didn't forget about that. But everything before that, all the shit about my dad.

Being in a rush this morning to not get caught, made me completely forget about my dad.

You know when you're out doing something, having a nice and peaceful time, then a random wave of sadness just overthrows your body? Well that's what's happening to me right now. And the fact that I have to go home eventually just adds to all this shit.

"Are you okay Jennifer?" Sofia asks. "Hm? Yeah I'm fine babe." I tell her and put on a smile. We continue to watch the movie until Leah comes back downstairs.

I stand up and follow her into the kitchen. "I think I should head home now.." I lean against the counter and Leah turns to me. "You sure?" She asks. "Yeah. I have to leave eventually." I shrug.

"Do you want me to come with you, and talk to your mom maybe?" She asks. "God no. She'll think I'm trying to make her feel guilty. She can't loose. That's just how it is." I shrug. "Well how it is, is bullshit." She says and furrows her brows.

"Don't get mad at the situation. I don't want you to be worried about it. I'll be fine." I say. She sighs and tilts her head. "Ok. But...if anything happens over there, or if you just don't wanna put up with her shit, then you come straight here. And stay as long as you want." She says.

"Leah- you don't have to do that." I shake my head. "Yeah well just know the offer is always on the table...always." She says and walks over to me.

"Even if things go alright, I wouldn't mind a few more sleepovers." She says and I smirk. "Neither would I." I say.

I kiss her one last time before I head to the front door. "I'll see you later Sof." I tell her. "You're leaving??" She asks. "Yeah I gotta head home." I tell her. She tilts her head and looks at me with a concern. "What baby?" I ask and walk over to her. "What was that arguing yesterday?" She says and I press my lips.

"It was coming from your house. Are you okay?" She asks. "I'm okay Sofia. I promise. Sometimes people have issues at home." I try to explain. "Like my mom and dad did?" She asks. "Yeah. I'll be okay. And I'll see you soon." I tell her. "Tomorrow?" She asks. "Maybe." I smile.

I tell her goodbye, then I leave.