18-Acceptance

*leahs pov*

After 5 hours of work, I finally get off my shift. Once I get home, I walk inside, and Jennifer is reading a book on the couch.

"Hey." I say and set my purse on the ground. "Hi. How was work?" She asks and shuts her book. "Tiring." I sigh since I had to work late today.

"Is Sofia asleep?" I ask and she nods. "Oh, well I brought back food if you're hungry." I say and she stands up. "Sure." She says and starts to walk over to the kitchen, but she stops in front of me and quickly pecks my lips before taking the food.

I just stand there for a second as she walks into the kitchen, then I follow behind her and sit at one of the stools. "What was that for?" I ask. "I dunno. I just felt like doing it." She shrugs. "Well can you give me a heads up next time?" I ask since it was very random.

"Ok. Leah, here's a heads up." She says innocently and kisses me deeply before pulling away. I can't help but smile a little and shake my head. "Jennifer don't you remember what I said?" I ask. "About what?" She asks and takes a bite of her food. "About us." I say and she tilts her head. "About how what happened, can't happen again." I say.

"I know that. I'm not trying to get in your pants, Leah. I just gave you a kiss. And I know that you don't mind." She tilts her head and I sigh.

We both eat our food, then I clean up after us. I pay Jennifer then she gets her stuff together. "I have a really big favor to ask you." Jennifer says to me as I'm washing the dishes. "What is it?" I ask and turn off the sink.

"Well there's this thing I have to go to for a 1 day class, but it's like 30 minutes away from campus, and my mom took my car." She says. "Your mom took your car? You're 20 years old-." I say since it's Jennifer's car, not her mother's.

"Yeah well apparently she felt it would help if she took my car since I hit hers." She presses her lips. "You hit your moms car?" I ask and she nods. I tilt my head and give her that 'Really-.' look.

"I accidentally sped up when I was pulling into the driveway." She shrugs innocently. "Jesus Jen. So you want me to drive you?" I ask, getting to the point. "Would you?" She asks sweetly and I sigh. "Of course. You do so much for me." I say and she smiles.

"Thankyouuu." She says and walks over to me, giving me a hug. "How long do you have to be at the class?" I ask with her arms still wrapped around my waist. "Mmm, like 3 hours. So you can just drop me off and I'll text you when to pick me up." She says and I nod. "Ok. When is it?" I ask.

"Next weekend." She says. "Ok, that's fine since Sofia will be with her dad." I nod. "Ok good." She says. "I'll see you then." She says. "Bye." I say and she walks out of the kitchen.

-

*Next weekend*

"Here." I hand Jennifer a cup of coffee as she gets in my car. "You made me coffee?" She asks and takes it. "Yeah, I thought you could use the caffeine." I say as she puts on her seatbelt. "You thought right." She says and takes a sip. "Thankyou." She says and I nod.

We head to the place for her class and have some conversation.

"So did your mom ever ask about you spending the night at my house?" I ask since I'm curious. "No. She didn't even get back until late that day. She never brought it up." She shrugs. "Good." I say. "Why?" She asks. "Just wondering. What would you have said if she did ask?" I look at her.

"That we were fucking." She says nonchalantly. My eyes widen and I look at her as she laughs. "I'm just kidding!" She giggles and I roll my eyes. "You're not funny." I shake my head. "But I don't know, I would probably just tell her I fell asleep on your couch." She shrugs. "Mm." I nod.

"So you've been thinking about that night...?" She asks. "Nooo, I was just wondering." I shrug. "Mmmm, are you sure?" She asks. "100 percent." I nod.

"Yeah well I've been thinking about it." She sighs and lays back in her seat. "You have?" I ask and she nods. "Well, what about it?" I ask. "About how I liked it, very much." She says and looks at me.

I sigh and keep my eyes on the road. "Really?" I ask. "Mhm. I can only hope you feel the same way." She says and I glance at her. I keep quiet and she waits for me to say something. "Well?" She says.

"Look Jennifer, I'm not gonna say that I didn't enjoy it, because I did. But- that doesn't change the fact that what we did was wrong." I say. "Why was it wrong?" She asks. "Because I'm Sofia's babysitter? I mean c'mon Lee, who gives a fuck?" She says.

"Obviously not you." I sigh. "Exactly." She says. "But you do. You give a little too many fucks." She tilts her head. "Jennifer, you're in college. Wouldn't you rather be out spending your young years partying and having sex with people closer to your age? I mean- why waste your time on me??" I ask.

"Look, I've done all that stuff enough times. I'm not trying to make my life more exciting by 'getting it on' with a mature woman, I didn't plan for this to happen. But when opportunity came knocking, I answered." She shrugs and I stay quiet.

"I'm here for a good time, Leah. Not a long time. You should look at life that way too because I can show you a good time." She tilts her head and I can't help but smile.

That's one thing I always liked about Jennifer. Her witty personality always makes me admire her, even more than I already do.

I look over at her and she's smiling too. I laugh a little and take her hand. We drive the rest of the way there, and I drop her off.

"Have funn." I say. "Haha." She rolls her eyes and I giggle before she shuts the door.

I drive back home and take an hour long nap, then I get some stuff done around the house before I have to pick up Jennifer.

Eventually she texts me that she's ready, so I get in the car and make my way there.

-

"How was it?" I ask once Jen gets in the car. "Terrible and boring." She says bluntly and shuts the car door. "I'm sorry baby." I say and pull out of the parking lot.

"Was it for your major?" I ask. "Yeah, it gave me an extra credit, so I guess it was okay." She shrugs. "Mm. You wanna come over for a little bit?" I ask and she looks at me. "I do." She says.