(10)

What to wear, what to wear? You must be wondering what I'm doing. Oh well I woke up at 9 as I said no school for me, I've been getting messages from Sana and an unknown number but I didn't check them. I'm visiting my old friend.. I mean not really friend but acquaintance, he said I should meet him at his studio. So I'm wondering what to wear. Okay, okay. Hmmm. Okay this looks good.

It's a floral dress with a jacket. Okay time for my flats. I combed out my hair and leave it down and grabbed my purse and phone. Guess what? I'm going out and have absolutely no money. Funny. No seriously. It is. You have to take bad things make joke sometimes.

Time to go. Chop chop.

30 minutes

"Cassandra, didn't think I'd see you again." Luke said hugging me.

"Me neither Luke, Me neither." I said hugging back.

"Okay, So what can I do for you?" He asked.

"I want the job you offered year before last." I said.

"Oh, I see." He said rubbing his chin.

You see Luke and I met year before last, I was dancing while shopping and according to him I have some sick moves. So yeah. I'm good at dancing. Hip hop. Etc etc.

Luke is a black African American 19 years old now. I was 14 back then and he 17. So no way was I gonna go with a stranger. He still is. But my point is I need the money. I'm broke.

"When you wanna start?" he asked.

"How aboutttt now?" I questioned. What? I need cash.

"Okay, come on." he said. We got into a car and he told me about his squad. How there is a competition and whatever. I had to be the in that squad. If I want to be the captain I have to work hard and I get my pay $ 5000.00 a week .

We reached what looks like an abandoned warehouse like building.

He parked the car and we got out and went inside.

Inside is wow. Not the same as outside. It's big and spacious. Just what a dancer needs and there a few more things inside.

I saw a group practicing and they are really good..I know I just got here. It's observation.

"Yo! Guys this was the girl I was talking about." Luke said. A chorus of heys and hi were heard . They're cool.

"Okay, we wanna see how you dance." One person said. Wow getting to the point. Time to dance.

"The changing room is that way." Luke said pointing to the back where a door was.

I quickly went inside and changed. Now the nerves are kicking in. What can you blame me? I haven't dance since I was fourteen.

What if I'm not good enough. And I get dismissed. Well that would totally suck. I would end up homeless and on the streets.

"Hey what's taking so-- Wow, you look..." Luke said but got cut off. I look horrible. I worked long sleeve black blouse with with a leggings, it's long. I didn't wanna show my hideous scars.

"You look beautiful." He said coming by my side.

"So, what you're trying to say is that I didn't look beautiful before I came." I questioned.

"Um.. Well-- Y-yeah.....I...Just...You know they are waiting for you, come one." he said surely cutting his whatever he was gonna say short.

After the practice...

Yay, I got in!! They approved although they said I needed a little work here and there but meh... everybody had their weaknesses at some point.

Oh well now I need to grab a drink.. At the cafe that I told Sana my aunt work. Im not known for lying but... Whatever.