(33)

(33)

This is a huge building but I assure you that you won't get lost, there is a receptionist on every floor...Tell them you want to meet Miss.Lyons and they'll notify her and she'll meet you in the lobby that is present.” She said smiling....again...Maybe it's her personality.

. .

. .

. .

It has been approximately Five minutes that I've bid goodbye to miss White and now I'm just waiting on Miss.Lyons... I've met Three more receptions here and they are all friendly smiling just like Miss White.

“Hello Cassandra dear..I'm so glad you've made it.” A Familiar voice said...I turned to look at the source of the voice...Wow she's beautiful,she looks in her mid twenties also.

“Yes, I couldn't miss this opportunity.” I said smiling...She smiled right back me...Did I mentioned that she is beautiful?

“Oh well, let's get down to business... right this way please.” She place her hands on my lower back and lead me to.... Somewhere, I think her office.

As she opened the door, I saw some other person's in there.

“Hey guys, This is Cassandra Kane, the girl I told y'all a out.”

A chorus of "hey" and "hi" were heard. I shyly waved at them.

“Cassandra please take a seat and let's begin.” One of the lady said.

***

“What inspired you to write this book Miss Kane.” One lady asked, that I learnt was Miss Comrie.

“Well, I love to read books, so I'd say other stories that I've read inspired me to write my own book.” I answered honestly.

She nodded her head...They went to discuss something quietly...Are we having a board meeting or something?

“A paragraph in your book stated that and I quote

"I'm strong, I know I am and even if the world crumbles I'd still be standing because I'm strong.No one can break me, absolutely no one....Their words cut deeper than a knife but their words can't break me down. I'm not new to this, I've seen this all before and so I am remaining strong."

I don't know but I think that's deep, if you look closely, which I have...Tell me about that.”

“Well, you're indeed right Miss, I was feeling a rollercoaster of emotions that and I felt that I need to put that in my book.”

They all nodded smiling... Not creepy at all.

“Its good to see someone so young using their imagination to create something and that's exactly what we've been looking for...We are going to sell your book Cassandra and you'll of course get all the credits but I have another offer, I know your young and all that but would you consider working here?” Miss.Lyons was the one that spoke.

“Uh.Me?” I asked unsurely. Again they all nodded smiling. Doesn't it hurt their face?

“Uh... yeah, this is a great opportunity for me and I think this is what I need, I need to be experienced for the future and I think this will prepare me for it.”

Minutes later.

I came out of the building hurriedly trying to contain my excitement. I can't wait to go home to scream in my pillow...I looked at the time and its 11:00. Wow time flies. I also saw notification from my friends... Uh-ohhhh.

I was so excited and in the moment that I forgot to tell them I wasn't going to school. I opened the first message this was from Chris.

Pinky: Hey where are you!?

Pinky: I'm considering changing your nickname from brainy...You don't have any brains, how could you forget to tell me you weren't coming to school?

Pinky: Are you lost!? Omg what if you.are kidnapped... I'm literally panicking

Pinky: Cassandra Alicia Kane, you're grounded when you get home!!

I laughed and decided to text back.

Me: Okay mom😂

I also texted back the others..They were also asking where I was...Hmm time to go explore