𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗅𝗏𝖾

∙・•・•∙・•✿•・∙•・•・∙

∙・•・•∙・•✿•・∙•・•・∙

𝐄𝐔𝐍𝐇𝐀

When I woke up the next day, the obnoxiously bright sun rays cruelly blinding me as I had forgotten to let down the shutter the evening before, my energy still wasn't restored, despite over eight hours of sleeping buried in my cozy blankets.

On the day before, as soon as I had arrived in front of the entrance to the front garden, digging my shaking hand into the handbag in search of the keys, Mrs. Lee had opened the door of her house, offering me to drink tea together with her. Since it wasn't the first time she just oh so conveniently had glanced out of the window to witness me arriving, I knew that she was always looking out for me on Thursdays, waiting for me to come back from the hospital. With warm smiles and soothing, motherly touches and hugs, my gracious neighbor would always invite me to her house and talk to me with her calm voice in an attempt to make me feel less lonely and sad.

I appreciated her efforts, it was very kind of her to take care of me, but sometimes I just wanted to be left alone, able to cry without having anyone around me.

Lovely as she was, Mrs. Lee had also allowed me to start my shift on Fridays later than on every other day so that I could sleep longer. However, I had kindly declined her offer because working in the little café with its welcoming, cozy atmosphere was a desperately needed opportunity to distract me from my sad thoughts.

After washing up and putting on the slightest bit of make-up, I dressed in my black work clothes and grabbed my bag before leaving the house. Today, I surprisingly was earlier than Mrs. Lee; the kind lady wasn't even outside yet, so I stood outside, my arms folded in front of my chest as I waited for her while listening to the wind rustling through the leaves and the birds singing their morning greetings to the sun. Finally, the house door opened, revealing my lovely neighbor, her lips forming a surprised smile when she spotted me.

"Good morning, Eunha! You're early today!" she chirped cheerfully.

"Good morning," I greeted back politely, my energy still not fully restored yet, walking behind her as I followed her to the car.

Areum arrived a few minutes late in the café as always, her cheeks still containing the blush that had blossomed when her husband had kissed her goodbye in front of the glass door, very visible for us to see. And, of course, Mrs. Lee wasn't going to stop teasing her about it.

"And...? How was your morning with Mr. Choi Soobin, the handsome police officer?" she asked with a playful smile, sending a wink to the flustered girl.

"I... I'm not going to talk about it," Areum stammered, her cheeks flushing even more when she looked down on the ground, her hands unconsciously wandering to touch her lips as if to chase after the sensation of the kiss.

An amused smile tugged on my lips. Even though I had been sad a few moments ago, Mrs. Lee and Areum were always able to cheer me up again, their familiar, enjoyable presence and warm personalities being like soothing balm to my wounded soul.