𝖿𝗈𝗋𝗍𝗒 𝗇𝗂𝗇𝖾

∙・•・•∙・•❀•・∙•・•・∙

∙・•・•∙・•❀•・∙•・•・∙

𝐉𝐈𝐌𝐈𝐍

The purple-haired idol's exhausted, sleep-deprived mind had been failing to concentrate since the beginning of the current dance practice. Jimin had waited impatiently the entire previous evening and night, causing dark, prominent bags to now be engraved deeply in the skin under his eyes. His thoughts had been too worried to allow him to catch enough sleep, chaotically swirling through his head, reminding himself over and over again of the terrible possibility that Soobin and Areum had changed their minds and were refusing to contact him. So when the phone Jimin had strategically placed in one corner of the room (despite the rules prohibiting bringing any kind of personal device to dance practice) suddenly dinged to notify him that he had received a text message, he all but ran towards it, not caring that he was interrupting one of the countless run-throughs of the choreography to their new song. Ignoring the confused and worried exclamations – from both the other members and the dance teacher Son Sungdeuk, he crouched down next to the device, eyes widening when he unlocked the screen only to find the messages of a new number.

Unknown:
Hey, it's Soobin

Sry for taking that long, we did a sleepover & I couldn't text cuz I didn't want Eunha to find out

We only just separated to go to work

Btw I'll be on duty the whole day and won't be able to text you until the evening, sry

gtg

Jimin took a deep breath that felt like the first one since the phone call, his knees growing weak in relief as the overbearing, heavy weight that had threatened to crush him since the previous evening suddenly fell off his shoulders. The slight belatedness of the message was far from bothering him as he was just glad that the other had texted him at all, Soobin's forgiveness something that he knew not to take for granted. With shaky fingers, he managed to send a response back.

Jimin:
It's alright, thank you for contacting me.

And Jimin really meant it with his whole heart, he couldn't express just how incredibly grateful he was that Soobin hadn't broken his promise.

"Who are you texting? Your girlfriend?" he suddenly heard a teasing voice lilt, and only then, he remembered with a start where he was and that he was currently interrupting the dance practice.

"Wha– what?" he spluttered, trying to hide the obvious signs of embarrassment – his reddening cheeks– behind his hands. "Hobi-hyung, Eunha's not my girlfriend!"

"Of course!" Jin teased with a smug smirk, arching his eyebrows in playful mockery. "And that's totally believable, considering how your face is currently very impressively imitating a tomato."