𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒 𝗌𝗂𝗑

∙・•・•∙・•✿•・∙•・•・∙

∙・•・•∙・•✿•・∙•・•・∙

𝐄𝐔𝐍𝐇𝐀

My screaming immediately had an effect on Jimin as his eyes widened in alarm, and he staggered a few steps backward, covering his ears to escape my merciless voice that was currently destroying his eardrums.

"Woman, calm down!" he exclaimed, pure terror widening his eyes that were still staring at me in disbelief.

Eventually, my helpless screeching got put to a stop by a sudden coughing fit that had me double over, ripping my lungs apart as I desperately gasped to get air. Finally, after what felt like years, my lungs were able to function properly again and I looked up with pained tears blurring my vision, meeting the eyes of my enemy number one, who was still staring at me in shock.

"Seriously, what's wrong with her," he muttered to himself, shaking his head, but despite the low volume, his words were still audible to me.

"You could at least have helped me," I blurted out with a hoarse voice, my throat and lungs still aching, the pain keeping me from remembering how scary and rude my tenant could become. "Instead of just standing around."

"How?" he wanted to know with sincere confusion, lifting his eyebrows while I carefully wiped the tears from my cheeks.

Shrugging cluelessly, I tried to answer with a raspy voice. "Heimlich maneuver?" 

I carefully cleared my throat, my shoulders slumping in relief as I noticed the pain slowly subsiding.

Jimin stared at me with his dark eyes, his mouth hanging open in disbelief. "That only works if someone is actually choking on something, dumb*ss," he gruffly clarified, shaking his head at me. "Are you okay, though?"

For a second, it almost appeared like a glimmer of worry shone in his eyes, and I couldn't help but feel taken aback and curious at the same time. 

"I'm fine, but why do you care so much?"

Immediately, his facial expressions froze back into the unreadable mask of coldness and rudeness that he, unfortunately, seemed to wear all too often, the glimmer of concern disappearing so fast that I sighed, convinced I had only imagined it.

"I have to make sure that you're in good shape because you still have to give me dance lessons tomorrow to compensate for my precious shirt," he answered, his monotonous voice void of any emotion, the usual irritating smirk showing on his lips.

Oh, right.

Frustration filled me as I realized that that was indeed a valid reason. How incredibly stupid of me to believe that Jimin actually cared for me for a second! 

But although I couldn't stand the sight of him any longer and desperately wanted him to leave, there was still something I wanted to know.

"Why are you even here? Downstairs, I mean. What were you doing in my kitchen?" I asked with my eyes narrowed to slits in suspicion.